Dynamic Widgets gives you more control over your widgets. It lets you dynamicly place widgets on WordPress pages by excluding or including rules with just a few mouse clicks by role, dates, for the homepage, single posts, pages, authors, categories, archives, error page, search page and custom post types.
Default widget display setting is supported for:
o User roles
o Front page
o Single post pages
o Author pages
o Category pages
o Archive pages
o Error Page
o Search Page
o Custom Post Types (since WordPress 3.0)
o WP Shopping Cart / WP E-Commerce Categories
Exceptions can be created for:
o User roles on role, including not logged in (anonymous) users
o Dates on from, to or range
o Single post pages on Author, Categories, Tags and/or Individual posts
o Pages on Page Title
o Author pages on Author
o Category pages on Category name
o Custom Posts Type on Custom post name (since WordPress 3.0)
o WP Shopping Cart / WP E-Commerce Categories on Category name
Plugin support for:
o WP MultiLingual (WPML)
o WP Shopping Cart / WP E-Commerce (WPSC / WPEC)
Installation of this plugin is fairly easy:
1. Unpack dynamic-widgets.zip
2. Upload the whole directory and everything underneath to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
3. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
4. Visit the Dynamic Widgets Configuration page (settings link).
5. Edit the desired widgets.