Description: Administration menu module provides a theme-independent administration interface (aka. "navigation", "back-end") for Drupal. It's a helper for novice Drupal users coming from other CMS, a real time-saver for Drupal site administrators, and definitely a must for Drupal developers and site builders (keyword: Devel integration).
The module renders all administrative menu items below 'administer' in a clean, attractive and purely CSS-based menu at the top of your website. It contains not only regular menu items - local tasks are also included, giving you extremely fast access to any administrative resource and function your Drupal installation provides.
Drupal exposed! Administering, developing, and working with Drupal has never been that fast, easy and concise.
Showcase and Quality Assurance
* Test-drive in various themes on the Administration menu showcase site or watch a short demo reel (better replacements welcome!).
Behaviour and Integration
* Administration menu works in any theme and all browsers and gracefully falls back to pure CSS positioning.
* The entire menu tree below "Administer" including all invisible local tasks is exposed, so you have direct access to any page you want.
* The menu is absolute positioned at the top of the window, but can optionally be positioned fixed.
* Administration menu can be enhanced by other modules. Integration with Devel module is provided out of the box.
* The administration menu icon is themeable.
* 3.x: Cutting-edge client-side caching ensures a minimal performance impact.
* This module is intended for administrative users - not for regular or anonymous site users. For such use-cases, try SimpleMenu, Nice Menus, or DHTML Menu.
* Please see current README.txt.
* Make sure to grant the "access administration menu" and "access administration pages" user permissions.
* The "Administer" menu item must be enabled, but may reside in a different menu than "Navigation".
* Make sure your theme outputs $closure. If the administration menu is not displayed, please consult the README.txt first.
Related: drupal, Administration, Module, Users, administrative, readmetxt, Access, devel, items, positioned, Local, Tasks, Regular, exposed, Modules, quotaccess, quotadministerquot, Integration
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 51.2 KB