Description: ADOdb is a database abstraction library for PHP. There is also a Python version.
The PHP version currently supports an amazing number of databases, thanks to the wonderful ADOdb community: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase, Firebird, Informix, Oracle, MS SQL, Foxpro, Access, ADO, Sybase, FrontBase, DB2, SAP DB, SQLite, Netezza, LDAP, and generic ODBC, ODBTP. The Sybase, Informix, FrontBase and PostgreSQL, Netezza, LDAP, ODBTP drivers are community contributions.
Many popular web applications such as ACID, PostNuke, Xaraya, phpWiki, Mambo, PHP GACL, TikiWiki, eGroupWare and phpLens App Server are using ADOdb as their database abstraction layer. Some reasons why ADOdb is popular include:
- Designed for speed. It is probably the fastest open source database abstraction library available for PHP. See benchmarks.
- Provides extensive portability support such as date and type-handling and portable schema creation. See portable sql tips
- Support many enterprise features such as database backed sessions (with session expiry notification), SQL code generation, pivot tables, SELECT LIMIT emulation for all databases, performance monitoring.
- Easy to learn, especially if you have Window's programming experience, as it uses many ADO conventions.
- Extensive QA, every release is unit-tested on Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Oracle 9.
Related: Adodb, Database, Postgresql, abstraction, Informix, Oracle, Mysql, Access, odbtp, Portable, popular, Community, Netezza, Sybase, frontbase, Library, Databases, Enterprise, Support, Features
O/S:Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 512.0 KB