Description: This project is an implementation of the Amazon Product Advertising API for Drupal 6. It's modular in design, with a central "Pure API" component that interacts with Amazon, and optional modules to handle expanded data for additional product types, features like wishlists and customer reviews, etc.
Seeking co-maintainer(s)! Are you using Amazon? I currently don't have it deployed anywhere, so it's not getting enough love from me. Contact me if you're interested in helping with this module.
* 2 Dec 2010: 7.x-1.0-beta4 release is ready. I'm hoping this will become 1.0. It seems to me that the key bugs are fixed. Please test.
* 7 Nov 2010: The ASIN CCK type now has a title-based autocomplete widget! It's been years coming, but thanks to frando we now have it. (D6 only at this point)
* 7 Nov 2010: Tomorrow Amazon will cease to provide customer reviews in their feed, so customer reviews will no longer be available in views, etc. See the issue. This is committed to the D6 dev version.
* 29 July 2010: Feeds integration added. This means you can import a CSV file of ASINs and other data into nodes with "Amazon Item" CCK fields. Thanks to Bobastream, LLC for sponsorship (and the excellent Feeds project!)
* 7 April 2010: The Drupal 7 version is nearly complete, with a -beta1 release now. Basic amazon data, filters, and fields work. Views integration with ASIN fields works. Unfortunately, D7 does not yet have an upgrade path from D6, and CCK to Fields is definitely not ready yet, so upgrading is not possible.
* 24 February 2010:The lowest price, Amazon's price, editorial reviews, and customer reviews are now available. Lowest price, Amazon price, ISBN, EAN are available as filters: [amazon 1430209895 ean]. All this is available in views as well.
* 12 January 2010: ISBN numbers, ISBN-13 numbers, and Amazon.com links can be used in place of an ASIN.
The module includes the following functionality:
* CCK integration via an 'Amazon product' field type
* Extensive Views integration
* Support for extended Amazon product data (like page counts for books, and MPAA ratings for DVDs)
* Quick-insertion of Amazon item information in node content via an input filter
* Simple search integration
* Basic token support for product data
Amazon requires that all access to its data use an API key. To use this module, you must sign up for an Amazon API account and request an access key. This process is free, but without it, the module won't do anything. In addition, if you want to earn money from referrals to Amazon, you will want an Associate ID. Please refer to the documentation for links to the associate page for your locale.
* Amazon Store, a complete store with shopping cart
Call for community contributions
This is a community project and improvements/maintenance/support on this take a lot of time. Those of you who use it can help by:
* Improving the documentation, Add recipes, template modifications, suggestions.
* Providing patches and improvements
* Helping build tests. This module needs a Simpletest test suite.
* Sponsoring features and the completion of the Drupal 7 update.
Related: amazon, Integration, Reviews, Module, price, Customer, Product, drupal, Project, fields, Feeds, ready, views, Version, Access, Documentation, Community
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 41.0 KB