Amazon Product In a Post Plugin 2.0.1
File ID: 92439
Amazon Product In a Post Plugin 2.0.1
File Size: 10.0 KB
Amazon Product In a Post Plugin 2.0.1 Description
Description: Amazon Product In a Post Plugin is used to to quickly add a formatted Amazon Product/Item to a post or page by using just the Amazon product ASIN (also known as the ISBN-10).
What can you use it for? With this plugin you can:
* Add any Amazon product or item to an existing Post (or Page).
* Monetize your blog posts with custom Amazon Product and add your own Reviews, descriptions or any other thing you would normally want to add to a post - and still have the Amazon product there.
* Easily add only the items that are right for your site.
* Add the product to the TOP of the post content, the BOTTOM of the post content, or make the post content become part of the product layout (see screenshots for examples)
* UPDATE 10/4/09 - You can now add as many products as you want to any existing page/post content using a Shortcode - see Installation or FAQ page for details.
* UPDATE 12/22/09 - Added French and Spanish language support for text labels in displayed product.
* UPDATE 1/3/10 - Added German Language support for text labels in displayed product.
If you have an Amazon Affiliate account and you don't think the available Amazon widgets are that great or are what you need, then this plugin might be for you.
How it Works: The plugin uses the newly revised (and re-named) Amazon Product Advertising API. Older plugins that use Old API calls will no longer work as of 8/2009 because Amazon implemented a new security call procedure that makes many of them obsolete.
To use the plugin, you must have an Amazon Affiliate Account. You can sign up here if you do not have one - it is free and pretty easy to do. Once you have an account, install the plugin, then enter your Amazon Associate ID in the plugin options page. You are now ready to start adding products to your post!
PLEASE NOTE: If you DO NOT add your own custom Associate ID, you WILL NOT get credit for any purchases made from your product posts - so don't set up products on a live site unless you enter that first - or you may lose out on some referral $$. You have been warned!
# Installation :
After you intall the plugin, you need to set up your Amazon Affiliate/Associate ID in the Options panel located in the AMAZON PIP menu under AMAZON PIP OPTIONS.
No additional adjustments are needed unless you want to configure your own CSS styles. Styles can be adjusted or removed in the Options Panel as well.
WARNING: If you do not add your Amazon Affiliate ID, you will NOT get credit for purchases made using this Plugin.
Adding products is a simple process.
To Add a product to an existing post:
* Go into the full edit mode for the post (Post/Edit then select the post).
* Under the Content editor, there will be a box called Amazon Product In a Post Settings. Maximize it if it is not already fully visible.
* There are 3 sections to fill out, Active, Location and ASIN (See below for adding via Shortcode).
* If Active is checked, the product will be live if the post is published.
* For the Location, pick the spot you want the product to show.
* Then enter the ASIN in the ASIN field.
* Save or Publish the post.
To Add a New Product Post, you have 3 options:
* You can add a new post the regular way (Post / Add New / fill out the items /Publish), and them add the product as outlined above
* You can use the Quick Add Product Feature (called Amazon PIP in the Amazon PIP menu). This is the fastest method for adding a quick product with minimum text. This Method will create a New Post in the selected categories.
* You can add a Product via Shortcode to an existing Page/Post.
To Add a product Via Shortcode:
* In the Content editor, add [AMAZONPRODUCT=XXXXXXXXXX] where XXXXXXXXXX is the Amazon ASIN/ISBN10 number.
* Update the Page/Post. You can add as many products this way as you like. Just keep in mind that there is a call made to the Amazon API for each product added, so addin too many products could cause a noticable increase in page loading time.
* Some settings in the individual page/post options will affect the shortcodes - you can use the 'open in new window,
Related: amazon, Product, Plugin, Products, existing, Content, shortcode, Options, Enter, Affiliate, Update, adding, Editor, Support, associate, pagepost
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
Zoom on your images!
This Wordpress plugin allows for simple insertion of a Zoomify zoomable web image in a post content, page or template.
Zoomify express is a free technology based on Flash: http://www.zoomify.com/. However, the WordPress content editor tends to break the Flash inclusion code (it deletes the needed parameters). This plugin is a simple way to get around this problem and insert zoomable image code that...
Include It is a plugin that permits the inclusion, in a post or in a page, of any type of file (even a php script that will be executed). I use it to write some functionalities needed in some pages, without creating special template pages (that...
This plugin creates a widget that shows a gallery of all the images in a post.
1. Download the plugin.
2. Upload it to /wp-content/plugins.
3. Activate it in the administration area of your...
This plugin adds checkboxes next to images you have uploaded to a gallery in a post. Selecting checkboxes will include those images in that particular gallery.
To create another gallery within the same post, simply choose 'Insert...
This plugin allows you to dynamically return the number of posts in a particular category. Inserting [catcountposts cat="category-slug"] in a post or page, or anywhere in your code will return the number of posts in that particular...
This plugin displays your Picasa Web Galleries in a post or in a page simply by creating a post or a page with a special keyword. All the images are kept on the Picasa Web Gallery server.
This is a modified version of kPicasa Gallery...
This plugins allows you to regenerate all the HTML of the images attachments contained in a post, using the right width and height. This function is very useful if you change the design / theme of your website, and that you want the images of your...
Generates a list of links used in a post. This can be used to create a list of references like those in scientific publications. Add [lor] at the end of your post (or wherever you want the list of references) and add a title attribute to all links...
Collabsable Blogroll allows you to put your built-in blogroll on a page or in a post. The categories can be collapsed. No extra database table is needed. You can add new links as you did it in the past.
This plugin is based on...
Collapsing Blogroll allows you to put your built-in blogroll on a page or in a post. Just put [collroll] in the place where it should appear. The categories can be collapsed. No extra database table is needed. You can add new links as you did it...
|User Review for Amazon Product In a Post Plugin