Bioinformatic Software Bench 6.x-1.x-dev
File ID: 98587
Bioinformatic Software Bench 6.x-1.x-dev Description
Description: The Bioinformatic Software Bench for Drupal allows for a rapid and secure deployment of bioinformatic software. The BLAST, InterProScan, SSAHA2 and annot8r software are provided by default and plugins for new software can be readily written. An innovative graphical user interface guides both end-user and administration of the software, including the secure provision of pre-publication datasets.
It depends on the gmod_dbsf module (http://drupal.org/project/gmod_dbsf) and plugins for new command line software can be easily written. See also http://drupal.org/project/genes4all.
It has a number of attractive features:
For the system administrator:
* Secure & fast to deploy: the demonstration required 30' to setup from scratch, 10' of which was the BLAST server. The administrator has to merely click on a checkbox to activate the software and then choose which databases will be available to the plugins.
* Secure with private data: We know that laboratories often have two types of data: those they wish to make public and the unpublished ones they wish to utilize only in-house. The solution is often the creation of two separate servers, one password protected. The DBFS takes care of user management and allows you to choose which datasets are available to which users. An unlimited number of user groups can be created included the anonymous/guest visitor who has not logged in.
* Plugin format: It comes with NCBI's BLASTALL but DBFS is an API framework and easy to extend, our publication will have a manual as supplementary material to guide bioinformaticians in writing their plugins with 1-2 days.
* High Performance Computing (HPC) support: Optionally (the demonstration server does), it can utilise the Condor job management system so jobs run on a PC-farm instead of the often meek BLAST server. A perl daemon manages the submissions automatically.
* Database API is Chado-compatible: It is GMOD compatible and uses the robust, normalized Chado database. As Chado is sequence feature-driven we created sequence-less table set which follows Chado-convention. The future aim is to be able to integrate multiple website deploying this software.
For the end-user:
* Build for wet-lab researchers. They can upload a multi-FASTA file to be used as the query or even the reference database: there is no need to restrict the user to the administrator's datasets. The file size limit is customizable (for demo it's set at 1 Mb). Users can bookmark their search and re-retrieve it within 7 days. Further, they can simultaneously run multiple BLAST algorithm searches.
* Driven by open-source software and adheres to community standards: The output is driven by BioPerl? (XML, HTML, TXT and a graph using Bio::Graphics). The database infrastructure is GMOD-compatible and the visualization is securely managed by Drupal.
It is sponsored by CSIRO, the Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organization (http://www.csiro.au).
Related: Software, blast, Plugins, Database, Server, Administrator, written, System, created, Secure, chado, enduser, Multiple, demonstration, datasets
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 92.2 KB
|More Similar Code|
The Software Administration Kit (SAK) is an unique all-in-one solution for customer tracking and order tracking, form letter and e-mail submission, sales report generation, version management and order fulfillment. SAK has been designed to meet the requirements of shareware authors and other e-commerce vendors. It's competitive pricing makes SAK especially attractive for small to medium sized companies. SAK saves time by automating repeatedly...
PHP Lightbox Photo Gallery Software digital image hosting asset management php stock library, online proofing script provides photographers, artists and artisans an affordable solution to displaying and selling their work online. Art galleries,...
123 Live Help Chat Server Software offers full-featured software or hosting service for your sales rep. or supporter to one-to-one chat with website visitors, to promote sales with online customer support. The advantage of 123 Live Help is that...
MojoDirectories is a stable and powerful web directory software on MySQL database backend that allows you to run a free or commercial directory and charge per listings or on a recurring subscription basis on your website. If you are a company or...
1099 Software for importing, preparing, printing and E-filing 1099 forms and W2 Forms. Unlimited number of companies, employees, recipients, 1099 forms and W2 Forms. This â€œ1099 Softwareâ€ is very easy, yet powerful and comprehensive....
Software Review Content Management is a free open-source content management application.
Content Management Software-Review is a complete software review content management website. Create your very own software review site in just...
Companion Software for the Signals & Systems: Continuous and Discrete, 4e book by Rodger E. Ziemer & William H. Tranter
Companion software for the Signal Processing & Linear Systems book by B.P. Lathi
Companion software for the Direct Adaptive Control Algorithms: Theory and Applications, 2e book by Howard Kaufman, Itzhak Barkana & Kenneth Sobel
Companion Software for the Dynamic Modeling and Control of Engineering Systems, 2e book by J. Lowen Shearer, Bohdan T. Kulakowski & John F. Gardner
|User Review for Bioinformatic Software Bench