The Clickbank IPN module handles payment notifications from the Clickbank service enabling vendors to automatically provide users with accounts and roles necessary for file downloads, site memberships etc. upon the completion of a sale or a subscription through Clickbank, making this module one of the best Clickbank vendor scripts out there.
Even affiliates may benefit from this script by providing instant bonuses (downloads, content access) for the customer upon a sale!
For those unfamiliar with Clickbank, it is the best affiliate marketing network for selling digital products online with a horde of affiliates (more than 100 000). Clickbank also manages payment processing for your customers and affiliates.
- Sell Roles (even authenticated user) through Clickbank (a role for example can download a pdf, a video etc)
- Sell Site Membership as a one-time product they buy or as a recurring subscription
- Automatically create a user account for the buyer and email them their login information
- Automatically remove the role if the subscription expires, or the user performs a refund, chargeback or subscription cancellation.
-Version 2 brings total integration with Drupal, since Clickbank IPNs are now stored as Drupal nodes, enabling integration with all the power house Drupal modules like Views,CCK, Charts, Rules, Notifications etc. Therefore one can build custom views, like Top Affiliates (ideal for running a monthly competition), Top Vendors, etc. Imagination is the limit. If you build any do share some cool views in the support queue so I may include it.
Thank Me :):
If you like this module and use it you can thank me by signing up under my Clickbank vendor referral link here. I will get a small percentage from CB processing fees only for each sale you make, so it wont cost you anything.
1) Download clickbank package, unrar it, and upload it to your site's modules directory. (If you don't already have the fantastic Plugin Manager module.)
2) Enable the module
3) Set up your products on Clickbank which will sell the file downloads, videos, subscriptions/memberships etc.
-Set the settings on the product as usual. For the API settings, set it to send the notification to http://www.yoursite.com/clickbank/ipn
4) Create roles in your Drupal site, configure permissions. (see NOTES further down for some tips)
5) In http://www.yoursite.com/admin/settings/clickbank add the product id of the product for the role you wish to sell. You will also need to set the Secret Key on this page as well. This will be provided to you by Clickbank.
6) Test your solution thoroughly with Clickbank IPN testing functionality. You can also generate a Test credit card to check your flow.
- If you are new to the whole Drupal thing, you may want to start with the Acquia Drupal distribtion at
- This module is meant to be used in conjunction with an Access Control module such as Content Access or Node Privacy By Role or so that only certain roles can access 'premium' content on your site.
- For File Downloads you should consider Private Download but there are many other file protection methods in Drupal.
- This module is not built by Clickbank, and I am not a Clickbank employee.
6.1 series was inspired by the Click2Sell Module by wildkatana
6.2 is a rewrite according to my own ideas such as full Drupal integration
When asking for a feature please provide a patch as well. If you want priority treatment please send me your clickbank id so I can check your contributions to my efforts :)
If you have not signed up under me but want a feature super quick consider hiring a 3rd party who can write a patch for this module.
When providing a patch first post it in the issue queue, get it approved and tested by the community and then it will be committed to this module.
Suggested / Upcoming Features:
Integration with one of the best cart solutions of today:Ubercart (similar to UC Paypal Buttons module)
Related: clickbank, drupal, Module, Product, Subscription, Patch, Downloads, Roles, feature, Access, Content, Products, Check, Integration, Modules, Automatically
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 20.5 KB