Creative Commons Widget 5.x-1.x-dev
File ID: 100909
Creative Commons Widget 5.x-1.x-dev Description
Description: Turns a regular CCK text field into a field for selecting and displaying Creative Commons licenses. Makes use of the Creative Commons web services to fetch information on the current license variations and versions for given jurisdictions.
Users looking for a Creative Commons license module should also consider:
* the Creative Commons module and
* the Creative Commons Lite module.
Unlike those two, Creative Commons Widget implements Creative Commons license selection through a CCK field and so may be preferred for sites relying extensively on CCK.
* Install the module and its dependency, Preset Widget Options.
* At the admin/settings/cc-widget, configure the module by selecting a jurisdiction and other data. When the form is submitted, the most recent version of the license will be set automatically based on a query to the Creative Commons web service.
* Using CCK, attach a new text field to a content type. In configuring the field, select the 'select' widget (or, alternately, radios) and expand the "Advanced options" fieldset and select "Creative Commons" from the available options handlers. This will assign the Creative Commons license field options to the field's select element on node creation and editing forms.
* In field display, select "Creative Commons" for both full and teaser display.
* Optionally, you may override the theme_cc_widget_cc_field_value theme function to customize display of the field. Standard display is a license icon linking to the appropriate license page on the Creative Commons website.
This module is partially supported by CivicActions.
Related: Creative, commons, Field, License, Module, Display, Select, quotcreative, selecting, Options, commonsquot, Widget, fieldset, optionsquot, handlers, expand, configuring, Content
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
The Creative Commons module allows users to select and assign a Creative Commons license to a node and any attached content, or to the entire site. It also provides integration between CC and Drupal technology.
#D7CX: I pledge that Creative Commons will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
* The Creative Commons API to get up-to-date license information (language localization available)
The Creative Commons Lite module simplifies the functionality creativecommons http://drupal.org/project/creativecommons . This module allows users to add creativecommons license to any type of drupal node. License is shown as block on node view...
Progressive license is a plugin that gives authors an opportunity to put Creative Commons or Custom Licenses on their content. It also gives authors the ability to put time frames on the licenses. This give the authors the chance to use a...
Foter is the easiest and fastest way to add Creative Commons photos to your blog. We find and host millions of photos from many online sources and make them available to be included in your blog posts.
This plugin lets you seach, manage...
The DoCookBook project aims to create an open source book about DocBook and the DocBook XSL stylesheets written as a cookbook and released under a Creative Commons license.
lGen is a simple but powerful system to manage and track digital assets released under a variety of different software licenses for example GNU General Public License &amp; Creative Commons.
The "ITALIAN Translations" is a project dedicated to the translation of any kind (Open Source, Creative Commons, Freeware) application, documentation, tutorials, etc, in the Italian Language. Anyone can request translations in the Italian...
The Technical Library Template Interface is a library capable of providing standardized interfaces in Creative Commons EAL-4 standards to the open source community.
Enables custom select options and accompanying display widgets for CCK text fields. Preset Widget Options gives developers a lot of control over the handling and display of fields without having to declare a whole new field type.
Dewplayer Wordpress plugin allows you to insert DewPlayer (a free flash mp3 Player, under Creative Commons licence) in posts or pages and lets you listen to your favorite MP3 songs online.
Copy & Past this code...
|User Review for Creative Commons Widget