Description: dgMaster is a simple, free, extensible and open source data generator released under the GPL license. It is currently under development, (for now, only text format is supported), and the plan is to extend it with many features (database, xml and more).
The data generator has built-in support for a number of simple java data types, as well as some higher-level data types:
- Numeric (Integer, Double, Float, Long)
- English text
- Dictionary usage
- English first names
- English last names
- English full names (with title, etc.)
Although having as many data type generators is nice, it is not the primary goal of dgMaster. The reason is that it is very hard to match everyone's needs and this is often a never-ending task. To this end, dgMaster is really easy to extend with new user-custom data types.
The project's main goals are to: - Generate data in different formats and with different options: text file (csv, fixed width, enclosing characters, etc), database (support for different database types, referential integrity), xml (support for elements with/without attributes, dtd).
- Provide primitive as well as higher-level data types. By primitive data types, understanding the ones that are available in the java language; high-level data types are the ones that are not built in the language such as names, post codes, emails, etc.
- Offer an easy to use GUI.
- Use from the command line.
- Be extensible by allowing developers to write their own generators.
- Evolve into a data generation framework, allowing the developer to have full control on the generation of the data.
Related: types, Names, English, Support, Database, dgmaster, Generators, primitive, Language, Extend, higherlevel, allowing, Generator, extensible, Generation, Simple, Integrity, Elements
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 3.5 MB