Description: DirectPHP - a plugin that allows direct embedding of PHP commands right inside Joomla content page!
Note: If you're using DirectPHP with Joomla 1.5.8 and above, please refer to the post by Teezone for some useful tips.
Latest version: 1.06 (for Joomla 1.0) and 1.56 (for Joomla 1.5).
Added one more parameter "Using No Editor". If you're not using any editor when editing content articles, select 'yes' for this parameter. This will allow you to freely use any HTML tags (such as or ).
Latest version: 1.05 (for Joomla 1.0) and 1.55 (for Joomla 1.5).
Main update: Thanks to Salvatore who informed me about some "mysterious" double-byte characters that get inserted into the DirectPHP code by the content editor of some of the non-English Joomla. These double-byte characters will cause error when processing the PHP commands with eval(). Have fixed this in this version.
Latest version: 1.04 (for Joomla 1.0) and 1.54 (for Joomla 1.5).
Main update: now works with PHP4!
Like many other PHP programmers who use Joomla, all I wanted is a simple wish: the ability to include PHP in Joomla content page.
I did some research. Looks like currently the best plugin out there with good user feedback is Jumi. I tried. It works. But something is still missing. The problem I have with Jumi is that it only allows you to call or include another .php file. It doesn't allow you to include PHP commands right inside the content page.
What this means is that to run some PHP commands, you have to put them in an intermediate PHP file. You have to have this intermediate file even if all you want is to display the current date and time with "echo date('Y-m-d H:i:s')"! Imagine having hundreds of dynamic content pages. The intermediate files accumulate more and more and become difficult to maintain.
This is the reason I developed DirectPHP - a plugin that allows direct embedding of PHP commands right inside Joomla content page!
* You can write direct PHP statements right inside the content page using the standard the standard php construct.
* You can freely intermix static contents with php commands.
* You can edit the php code right inside the default TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor!
* You can easily serve different contents for registered and non-registered members.
* You can use 'include' or 'require' to load in your favorite PHP library and call any of the functions inside the library.
* Ability to block potentially "risky" commands, e.g. system, fopen, unlink, rmdir, etc. You can add and edit this list of commands-to-block yourself.
Related: Joomla, Content, commands, inside, directphp, Include, intermediate, Direct, Version, Plugin, doublebyte, Editor, Parameter, Main, freely, Library
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB