Drupal 7 driver for SQL Server 7.x-1.0-alpha1
File ID: 98557
Drupal 7 driver for SQL Server 7.x-1.0-alpha1 Description
Description: A Drupal 7 driver for Microsoft SQL Server (version 2008 and later).
* Set up your IIS server in the configuration recommended by Drupal (using the URLRewrite module). Drupal 7 now ships with a web.config file, which should make that easy.
* Create a SQL Server database for Drupal. Both SQL Server (full edition) and SQL Server Express are supported. The database must be created using a unicode case-insensitive collation (for example the default SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS).
* Uncompress Drupal into your webroot, apply the required core patches (see below) and uncompress this driver as includes/database/sqlsrv.
* Set up Drupal has you normally would, selecting SQL Server in the database option list.
This module currently depends on a few core patches (reviews welcome!):
* #770664: Path whitelist uses an unsupported GROUP BY alias
* #770668: Undefined $delay in InsertQuery::__toString()
* #851136: Make the database autoloading more robust
This other patches are required for proper support of Drupal on Windows:
* #771448: Cannot run tests on Windows (not strictly required, but needed to run tests properly)
* #443286: Windows File Handling: International characters break file handling, permissions don't translate
This is, as much as Drupal 7 itself, an alpha quality software.
Two known issues:
* The Locale module does not perform perfectly, because it uses an index on an unlimited TEXT column, which is not supported by SQL Server.
* There are still a lot of "environmental failures" when running the test suite under Windows + PHP 5.3
This work is supported by Commerce Guys, provider of innovative ecommerce solutions for Drupal.
Related: drupal, Server, Windows, Database, Module, required, supported, Patches, patchesthis, Tests, Driver, handling, break, characters, Permissions, don, Alpha
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 20.5 KB
|More Similar Code|
Devart ODBC Driver for SQL Server provides high-performance and feature-rich connectivity solution for ODBC-based applications to access SQL Server databases from Windows, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Full support for standard ODBC API functions and data types implemented in our driver makes interaction of your database applications with SQL Server fast, easy and extremely handy.
- Direct Connection. Database...
Devart ODBC Driver for SQL Server provides high-performance and feature-rich connectivity solution for ODBC-based applications to access SQL Server databases from Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Full support for standard ODBC...
dbExpress is a database-independent layer that defines common interface to provide fast access and high performance database connectivity to SQL Server from Delphi and C++Builder on Windows for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. For this server...
dbExpress is a database-independent layer that defines common interface to provide fast access to SQL Server from Delphi and C++Builder including Community Edition on Windows and macOS for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. For this server,...
Here is a procedure for SQL Server which can be created in a module and called from a query using InitCap([fieldname])....thanks to Paul
XML Best Practices for SQL Server Yukon is an simple tutorial in which author gives description about several methods of manipulating XML data and the methods of using it in SQL server in .NET. This simple tutorial will be helpful for ASP.NET...
DB Comparer 2006 for SQL Server is an excellent tool for database comparison and synchronization. It allows you to view all the differences in compared database objects and execute an automatically generated script to eliminate all or selected...
EMS Data Export for SQL Server is a powerful program to export your data quickly from Microsoft SQL and MSDE databases to any of 15 available formats, including MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word (RTF), HTML, XML, PDF, TXT, CSV, DBF and others. Data...
EMS Data Generator 2005 for SQL Server is a powerful utility for generating test data to several Microsoft SQL database tables at once. The wizard application allows you to define tables and fields for generating data, set value ranges, generate...
EMS Data Import for SQL Server is a powerful tool to import your data quickly from MS Access, MS Excel, DBF, TXT, CSV and XML files to Microsoft SQL Server or MSDE tables. It provides adjustable import parameters, including source data formats for...
|User Review for Drupal 7 driver for SQL Server