FeedAPI ImageGrabber 6.x-1.9
File ID: 101730
FeedAPI ImageGrabber 6.x-1.9 Description
Description: Note: This project is copyrighted to and maintained by Srijan Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
FeedAPI ImageGrabber which is an addition to FeedAPI, mimics the thumbnail display of Google Reader for the feeds aggregated (using FeedAPI) on a Drupal website.
RSS feeds usually do not contain the images associated with the feed-items, and therefore ImageGrabber visits the feed-item's webpage to download the image. The downloaded image is stored in an imagefield created by the imagefield module.
* Images are downloaded along with the feed refresh automatically.
* ImageGrabber is paused before the maximum execution time is reached, and can be resumed again anytime
* Alternatively unprocessed feed-items are automatically processed at next cron run.
* Option to provide the customized DOM path (using id or class), to be more precise about the image location.
* Every user can grab images using ImageGrabber depending on permission (Not only restricted to administrator)
* Drupal 6 or higher. I won't support D5. (If anyone is interested in extending it to D5, contact me)
* cURL is required to download the images, so install it properly before enabling the module. Look at www.php.net/curl on how to install curl on php.
* Latest version of UrltoAbsolute has to be downloaded separately and should be extracted into the module folder.
* If upgrading from ImageGrabber v1.1-rc1 or lower to ImageGrabber v1.8 or higher, do not forget to run UPDATE.PHP. Without, FeedAPI ImageGrabber won't work properly.
* Clicking on 'Grab Images' will only download images for those feed-items which were not processed due to lack of execution time and not which failed to get an image.
* Tutorial for FeedAPI ImageGrabber
* All releases of the module are compatible with Drupal 6.14 or lower.
* You must use FeedAPI ImageGrabber v1.0 with alpha or lower releases of Imagefield and FeedAPI ImageGrabber v1.1-rc1 or higher with beta and higher releases of Imagefield.
Due to some issues, I have, at the moment, stopped development for this module. Someone else will soon take over the development of this module.
Related: imagegrabber, feedapi, Module, higher, Images, drupal, Download, Lower, downloaded, releases, feeditems, Image, Automatically, v11rc1, imagefield, execution, Development
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 20.5 KB
|More Similar Code|
Feeds Image Grabber (FIG) is successor of FeedAPI ImageGrabber, an addon for Feeds module, which grabs image for each feed-item from their respective webpages and maps it to an image field in the node created by Feeds (Node Processor).
[Google Reader (with thumbnails) can be imitated on a Drupal site by using Feeds, Feeds Image Grabber, FileField, ImageField, ImageCache, ImageAPI, Views and Voting API module...
FeedAPI Comments is a FeedAPI add-on for aggregating comments to your site.
It consists of a parser that pulls comments from a remote site and a processor that creates Drupal comments from it. You can alternatively use FeedAPI's node...
This module is add-on for FeedAPI Item Filter, implementing hook hook_feedapi_itemfilter().
This module creates new item filter to run custom PHP code on already parsed $feed object. This useful in cases when you need pre-process feed...
DataSync FeedAPI imports FeedAPI feeds using DataSync instead of with hook_cron.
There are several benefits to doing this:
* It prevents FeedAPI imports from timing out cron.php and ensures FeedAPI imports run on schedule...
FeedAPI RDF processor saves feed item data in RDF format.
Requires RDF module and FeedAPI module.
This module is meant to work with FeedAPI, FeedAPI Node and Feed Element Mapper to give more control over what happens with incoming taxonomy terms.
Vocabulary of 'Categories' feeds the a piece of the primary links...
FeedAPI Plugin for extreme de-duplication of mentions. Used in Tattler (app).
Sponsored and developed by: Phase2 Technology
Finds out who links to who between FeedAPI Node Items.
The FeedAPI Language Filter is a simple add-on for the FeedAPI Item Filter module that allows incoming feed items to be filtered by language, using the Google AJAX Language API. This module differs from FeedAPI Language Detector module in that...
This module is FeedAPI addon that adds ability to grab attached files from feeds. Grabber files are saved as node attachment using core Upload module. Module is plug and play and it has no settings or configuration page.
|User Review for FeedAPI ImageGrabber