Flickr Thumbnails Photostream 1.1
File ID: 92551
Flickr Thumbnails Photostream 1.1
File Size: 10.0 KB
Flickr Thumbnails Photostream 1.1 Description
Description: Admin Control Panel
All the main functions of control such as connecting to a Flickr account and storing information on the photo thumbnails, can be achieved through the "Flickr Control" GUI in the WordPress admin panel.
Any changes in current Flickr photo information/status can be immediately updated by clicking on the "Update Photos" button.
Users can choose to randomise the display of photos.
Running the relevant Flickr API function calls can sometimes take between 2 & 3 minutes to fully execute. All information is stored in a cache data held locally, so that it minimises the chance of performance loss on web pages.
The cache data is stored in the WordPress database and can store up to 500 images at a time. See below for further details.
If users wish to have regular/automatic updates of their photo information and status, then that is achievable through creating a crontab entry, or similar automation mechanism, to execute the supplied "runScript.php" file.
Specific styling using CSS
A CSS file is supplied to provide a starting point for displaying the thumbnails, but changes can be made to suit individual preference.
# Installation :
1. Extract the "flickr-thumbnails-photostream" folder from the downloaded file and put it in your WordPress "/wp-content/plugins/" folder so that the resulting path is "/wp-content/plugins/flickr-thumbnails-photostream/".
2. The plugin should now be viewable in the WordPress admin panel under the "Plugins -> Plugins" menu option. The plugin is entitled "Flickr Thumbnail Photostream" and can be activated in the normal way by clicking "Activate" in the far right column.
3. First, click on the "Flickr Control" option found within the main "Plugin" menu, and you will be directed to the Flickr Control panel. From here you should be able to select how many photos you want to display and other options.
4. The two most important attributes to get working are your Flickr API Key and your Flickr user ID. Without these two codes it is impossible to connect to your Flickr account.
The Flickr API Key has to be applied for, if you don't currently have one. If you using this plugin for non-commercial use then you should apply for a non-commercial Key. If you do this you should get your Key almost instantly. If you apply for the commercial Key it may take some time to process. You can apply for an API Key here:- http://www.flickr.com/services/api/keys/apply/
If you know or think you already have an API Key then you can retrieve it from here:- http://www.flickr.com/services/api/keys/
Your user ID or NSID is quite easy to find its located in the address/url bar of your web browser when you are on the "Your Photos" page in your Flickr account. It appears just after http://www.flickr.com/photos/
For an example this is how PlusNet's NSID is displayed:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/23469361@N07/
So the NSID here is 23469361@N07
5. Next you can fill in the amount of photos you want to display.
Simply put, this option will set the number of photos that are to be randomly selected from your cached data, that you will then see on your web page.
Please note: the Flickr API imposes a maximum of 500 photos that can be retrieved from your photo collection at any one time. If you have over 500 photos in your Flickr account, then any number that you enter here, for example 300, will be taken from the latest 500 photos. Only photos set as "public" in your Flickr account will be retrieved.
Once you have filled in these options you need to click the "Update Options" button to save your preferences. Obviously you will need to update the options each time you change them.
To populate the cached data stored in the WordPress database with your photo information you will need to click on the "Update Photos" button. It may take a few minutes to run depending on how many photos you have on your Flickr account. This potentially extended download time is the reason why we have separated this function from the main display function.
6. The plugin enables you to randomise the photos that are displayed. This function in switched on by default but you can turn it off if you wish. If this function is disabled the plugin will use the latest images on your Flickr account.
7. Depending on how you use and implement WordPress/your website, you may have to use the widget control menu to position where the Flickr application will appear and be utilised. To do this simply visit the "Presentation -> Widgets" menu option, and position the plugin where ever you like. In some cases it will be necessary to perform this task for the plugin to appear on your web page.
Related: flickr, Photos, Plugin, Account, Wordpress, Function, Photo, option, Information, Display, stored, apply, Click, quotupdate, photosquot, Options, quotflickr, retrieved, Folder
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
Version 0.91 update:It works for non flickr.com images,have fun!
Get Flickr Thumbnails plugin can get thumbnails for photos on your site that from flickr.com,you can choose recent or random mode,and it will link to your own post.
# Installation :
You can learn it from screen shoot.
1. Upload the folder advanced-post-image to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Edit $image_number = ?(defaut is 6,edit it...
Displays thumbnails from Flickr based on the user/group/tag you provide.
Rather than linking to the authors profile, this widget modifies the link to connect to the authors flickr photostream. This was designed for photoblogs that have multiple authors/photographers. If the shadowbox JS plugin is install the Flickr...
This plugin uses Flickr API to import comments from you Flickr photostream photos to a post of your choice in your WordPress Blog. It additionally imports the Flickr Avatar Icons and displays them as appropriate.
The Live Flickr Comment...
The plugin fetch a rss feed of a flickr photostream and show the images in a sidebar widget. You can activate a lightbox feature if lightbox is installed.
Turns flickr photos into drupal nodes - imported from flickr via the xml api.
Nodes are updated by cron run, or manually on the node's edit page.
Creates a block, of thumbnails, for each user that has defined her/his flickr...
Flickr photostream viewer for GNOME.
This plugin displays flickr photos using highslide.
* 13 unique ways of displaying your photos
* 8 different gallery styles
* Displays photos from a photoset
* Displays all of a user's photos
FlickrTips is a simple AJAX enhancement to hyperlinks within a Wordpress blog. When the user mouses over a link to an image or a Flickr photo page or photoset, a small floating panel will appear near the mouse cursor with a thumbnail of the image....
|User Review for Flickr Thumbnails Photostream