Floating Tweets 1.0.1
File ID: 104209
Floating Tweets 1.0.1 Description
Description: The Floating Tweets plugin adds a floating, slide out tab containing the latest tweets from any twitter account. The widget is easily set up via any widget panel and can handle multiple twitter feeds per page.
The widget control panel includes many options to customise position and features. The plugin also includes shortcodes for adding external text links, which can open/close the floating panel.
Menu Options - Twitter Feed
* Twitter Username - Enter the user name for the twitter account.
* Number of Tweets - Enter the number of tweets to be shown in the floating panel
* Show Replies - If checked the tweet list will also includes replies
* Open Links In New Window - Check to open tweet links in a new browser window.
* Add Follow Link - Check the box to add a link at the bottom of the panel, which links back to the username's account.
* Link Text - The text for the follow link
Menu Options - Floating Panel
* Event - Open/Close the panel using either 'hover' or 'click'.
* Width - Set the width of the panel
* Tab Text - Enter the text that you would like to use for the floating tab.
* Location & Aligment - Position can be set using a combination of location (Top or Bottom) and aligment (left or right). For each one you can also add the offset (in pixels) from the edge of the browser window. The slide out animation depends on the tab location: ** Top Left or Top Right - panel slides down ** Bottom Left or Bottom Right - panel slides up
* Floating Speed - The speed for the floating animation
* Sliding Speed - The speed at which the panel will open/close
* Auto-Close Tab - If checked, the tab will automatically slide closed when the user clicks anywhere in the browser
* Keep Open - If checked the tab content will remain open
* Skin - 8 different sample skins are currently available for styling floating tweets. Since there are no essential styles required to create the floating tab, these can easily be used to create your own custom menu theme.
The plugin includes the feature to add text links within your site content that will open/close the floating tab.
1. [dcflt-link] - default link, which will toggle the panel open/closed with the link text "Click Here".
2. [dcflt-link text="Floating Tweets"] - toggle the panel open/closed with the link text "Floating Tweets".
3. [dcflt-link action="open"] - open the floating tab with the default link text.
4. [dcflt-link action="close"] - close the floating tab with the default link text
1. Upload the plugin through Plugins > Add New > Upload interface or upload floating-tweets folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. In the widgets section, select the Floating Menu widget and add to one of your widget areas
4. Select one of the WP menus, set the required settings and save your widget
Related: Speed, sliding, Slides, depends, autoclose, Automatically, Content, remain, clicks, closed, Animation, Pixels, Location, aligment, Width
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 92.2 KB
|More Similar Code|
A quick script that lets you download all of your tweets and write them to a text file.
Floating Images II animates any image (or block of HTML) up and down the browser window, like an elevator, and stays in view even if the user scrolls the page.
IFRAMEs are loved for their versatility in displaying any external content on the page painlessly. Well, this cool script creates a floating iframe, so it stays static and always in view even when the page is scrolled.
There is a wide choice of widgets which you can put in your WordPress sidebar, but I could not find one that would display a defined number of my latest tweets. Fortunately, creating such an easy plugin does not take much time. I'm glad to present...
The HoodFeed wordpress plugin is a sidebar widget that displays local tweets for a given geographic area. Currently we're available in Washington, DC and New York City, with other cities coming soon.
There are several public API keys,...
Topical Tweets will display the latest tweets, fully formatted, for any query you specify. Please send feedback, enhancement requests, bug details or any questions about installation to email@example.com
This super-simple plugin allows you to easily display the most recent Tweets from any Twitter account as a sidebar widget on your blog.
Why Use Recent Tweets?
* Easy, Bulletproof Functionality - Just enter your Twitter username...
WP Tweets enables you to be embed your twitter tweets. This plugin supports the following features,
* Configure twitter username and number of tweets displayed.
* Is very lightweight and uses client side fetch.
The floating widgets plugin makes it easy to add a widgetized area right above or beside your main content regardless of which theme you are using. You can have full control of where and how your widgets are displayed without having to edit your...
The Floating block module allows you to keep html blocks, selected using jquery selectors in a fixed position on the page as you scroll. It works in a similar way the table header fixer in Drupal Core. This means that when the user scrolls their...
|User Review for Floating Tweets