Description: Frog is a small and simple CMS for everyone that need only a CMS without all other big thing that we don't need. You can manage all you pages with a unlimited multi-level structure. The url is really nice displayed for search engine. This is a migration of Radiant CMS (in ruby).
Frog CMS simplifies content management by offering an elegant user interface, flexible templating per page, simple user management and permissions, as well as the tools necessary for file management.
Frog requires a MySQL database or SQLite 3 with PDO, a web server (Apache with mod_rewrite is highly recommended) and is distributed under the MIT software license.
Frog is unique because of its simple templating code. Because it uses PHP directly, there is no need to learn yet another scripting language.
This approach has two main advantages:
- Normally, PHP is not used in article pages, so it does not frighten the writer who does not want to learn it.
- The webmaster/designer of the site, the one who will code some basic condition or/and loop to add more dynamics to the website, generally knows some PHP already d-deOCL at least enough to add some dynamic latest news part, latest articles, photo gallery, etcd-deTZ
- Unlimited hierarchically structured page navigation menu - The page navigation menu provides critical information and function. It allows you to quickly perform common actions on pages and shows how information has been organized.
- Flexible page content: body, sidebar, extended, summary - Each page can have there own customized parts (divisions). It can be 'extended' text for news, or 'summary' for article, you can define whatever you want, whenever you want.
- Per page layout customization - Pages can have there own layout, or can inherit is parent page layout or can reuse a other page layout. this make all page look exactly like you want.
- Simple and reusable content snippets - You can define snippets to have less cut and past text in your pages. This will reduce your modification time when you need to add, remove or change the text in it.
- Drag and drop page ordering - This function is to simplified the organization of your pages. It add a new sorting condition (position).
- Password protected administration
- Simple user and permission management
- File manager allows you to upload, browse and edit files
Related: Pages, Layout, Management, Content, Simple, Article, Snippets, Function, templating, Define, Learn, Information, condition, latest, Navigation, organized, frog cms 0 9 2
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 266.2 KB