Description: ChipIn allows you to collect money for a personal cause, group purchase, or fundraiser using your own custom Chipin Widget which is displayed on your blog or website.
With your PayPal account, you are able to create an interactive widget that allows you to raise money directly through blogs and other social media. Non-profit organizations are empowered to engage a distributed network of supporters in 'blograising' campaigns for major fundaising efforts.
Until now, there was not a WordPressive solution to easily display a Chipin Widget in a self-hosted WordPress Sidebar without having to hard-code your template with the widget code supplied by Chipin for WordPress Blogs. The existing Chipin method for adding a Chipin Widget was probably intended for a WordPress.com hosted blog, and depends on the use of tags within the post itself to display a Chipin Widget.
The Gaboinked! Chipin Sidebar Widget for WordPress allows WordPress bloggers to configure and display a Chipin Widget on self-hosted WordPress blog sidebars. This is a convenient way for visitors to donate funds to any cause or event you wish. The Gaboinked! Chipin Sidebar Widget is a social fundraising solution for WordPress 2.0 and above, tested up to WordPress 2.5.1 compatible.
The Gaboinked! Chipin Sidebar Widget can be seen in action at http://gaboink.net. If you like it, and find it useful, any donated contribution is greatly appreciated. Please leave a comment letting me know that you are using this widget!
# Installation :
Download the latest version of the Gaboinked! Chipin Sidebar Widget for WordPress.
1. Extract the downloaded archive and place the folder and it's contents in the wp-content/plugins folder of your WordPress installation. For WordPress MU place the gaboinked-chipin.php file in your wp-content/plugins directory for manually activation, or your wp-content/mu-plugins directory for automatic activation.
2. Navigate to your Plugins in your WordPress Adminstration and active the Gaboinked! Chipin Plugin
3. Navigate to Design -> Widgets and add the Gaboinked! Chipin Widget to your choice of sidebar locations
4. Create a Chipin Event, and customize a Chipin Widget to be used on a WordPress Blog.
5. You will find the the Widget ID code within the text shown in the Chipin code window. It is within the widget URL and It should look something like: 7c0d74df4aa9381f
6. Continue customizing the rest of your Chipin Widget to suit your needs, and save your changes.
7. You should now see your Chipin Widget displayed in your WordPress Sidebar.
Related: chipin, Wordpress, Widget, Sidebar, gaboinked, Display, activation, navigate, Social, wpcontentplugins, place, Solution, selfhosted, Folder, Directory, displayed
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB