Gem Drop X 0.9
File ID: 76380
Gem Drop X 0.9 Description
Description: Gem Drop X is a fast-paced puzzle game where it's your job to clear the screen of gems before they squash you! (You're at the bottom, they're at the top, and they keep coming!)
Gem Drop X was directly ported from the original GemDrop for the Atari 8-bit, which was based on "Magical Drop III" by SNK.
You grab gems (up to 10) of the same color and use them to knock more gems off the screen. Match 3 or more of the same color in a column and >BAM!< they explode! Any adjacent gems of the same color also explode, causing a chain reaction that might cover the entire screen!
The more gems that disappear with one shot, the higher the score you get!
- Special objects, which help (or hinder) you on the way. Activate them by including them in a match:
- Bombs - stop the chain reaction and destory any gems on either side and above and blow it.
- Wildcards - cause more chain reactions with adjacent pieces.
- Stopwatches - freezes the gems so no more appear from the top for a few seconds, giving you precious time with which to clear more of the screen!
- Progressive levels. More gems when you start, and less time before new ones appear.
- Expert levels. Levels 15 to 20 have twice as many different colored gems as levels 1 to 14, making it even more difficult to get matches!
- Play with keyboard, joystick, or mouse
- Beautiful graphics, most 3D rendered
- Stereo music and sound effects.
- Includes source code for both Gem Drop X (in C, using libSDL), as well as the original "Gem Drop" code (in Action!, for the Atari 8bit)!
Related: Levels, Screen, Chain, Color, atari, reaction, adjacent, explode, original, clear, colored, reactions, pieces
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 880.6 KB
|More Similar Code|
X-Bomber is a multi-player maze-style game where players collect and drop bombs, in an attempt to blow each other up. Last player standing wins!
X-Bomber is vaguely based on "Atomic Bomberman" by InterPlay and "Bomberman" by Hudsonsof. It is played on a grid, rather than with smooth movement.
- 4 players on screen, up to 3 may be computer-controlled
- Pairs of players can share the...
This is a programme to create a drop down menu in DHTML. With this improved version, you can generate a DHTML drop down menu at any place you wish to place it. This script is compatible with IE 5> 6.x), Opera 5.x, Navigator (4> 6.x) and...
X-Files Components package contains four powerful advanced components (TXDBGrid, TXDBColumnsDialog, TXQRGrid, TXDBPrintColumnsDialog) designed for Delphi 5, 6, 7, 8 & 2005 and C++Builder 5 & 6.TXDBGrid component is the functional extension...
The 6.x-1.1-dev version of the TinyMCE module doesn't work when used in a CCK text field set to "unlimited" for two reasons. One is that drag and drop functionality provided by Drupal core's tabledrag.js causes the tinymce editor's...
The Drag'n'Drop Uploads module adds the ability to drag an image from your local filesystem, drop it onto a node body textarea and have the file automatically uploaded and referenced in your node.
#D7CX: I pledge that Drag'n'Drop...
A Mac OS X Automator wrapper which creates a drag and drop Mac application to minify js and css files using YUIcompress
Drop js and/or css files on the application icon, and minified files will be created in the same locations.
Full access to Btrieve. No Active-X but VCL-Components. Just drop a TBTVTable component on the form, some TBTVEdits and/or TBTVGrid and you can access your Btrieve data. KeoBTV consists of three packages:KeoBTV: Access to BtrieveKeoBTV+KeoEDIT: +...
The ultimate Drop Down Menu V3 is a new Flash Component from Jumpeye designed to help you load a tree menu structure in an drop down fashion. After more than 2 years of experience in selling flash drop down menus, Jumpeye created a major upgrade...
Optional commands allow to change and...
|User Review for Gem Drop X