Description: Gregarious is a social bookmarking plugin that integrates the new Digg API and Alex King's Share This plugin, as well as the Reddit button and Feedburner's Feedflare into one powerful, easy to use package. The AJAX interface makes customization a breeze, and the options put you in control. Gregarious works on a module based system, which means that it can have as many or as little features as you like. Modules available include:
* Digg button
* Digg extra (advanced template tags)
* Share This
* Reddit button
* Feedburner FeedFlare
Everything can be configured from the options page. There are absolutely zero template edits required. You have the option to choose which modules are enabled, and in turn, how many features you'd like to have.
The plugin has been written with usablility and performance in mind, so it shouldn't have any adverse affects on the speed of your blog while providing you with the most comprehensive social bookmarking system ever.
Installing Gregarious into your WordPress blog is extremely straightforward.
1. Download and unzip gregarious
2. Upload the gregarious folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
3. (If you're going to use the "Share This" module, CHMOD akst.js and akst.css in module/share-this/ to 777)
4. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
5. Configure your settings from the Gregarious options page (Options -& Gregarious)
6. Make sure to hit save at least once even if you don't change anything so the plugin is fully configured.
Note: To make use of the functionality of Gregarious, you may need to activate some modules. The PostBadge module is usually required if you would like to append the links / buttons to your posts automatically, otherwise you may use template tags.
Related: gregarious, Plugin, Module, Template, Options, Button, Wordpress, bookmarking, required, Social, reddit, Features, System, Share, Modules, quotshare, akstjs, modulesharethis, Scripts, 10c
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB