Hikari Unicornified Gravatars 0.00.02
File ID: 103050
Hikari Unicornified Gravatars 0.00.02 Description
Description: Hikari Unicornified Gravatars converts avatars from people that don't have a Gravatar, into customized unicorns.
Commenters that have their email registered in Gravatar service are kept with their original Gravatars. But people not registered in Gravatar, instead of having a default avatar that always look the same, are provided with a variety of unicorns avatars, that are related and specific to their email.
And those anonymous commenters that don't provide any email, they receive randomized unicorns avatars, which change on every page load!!
That's possible thanks to StackOverflow, which developed a Gravatar-compatible algorithm that generates unicorns avatars in place of standard Gravatar ones.
I dedicate Hikari Unicornified Gravatars to Ju, my beloved frient ^-^
* Works instantly on any place where WordPress get_avatar() function is used
* Uses Unicornify service to grab unicornified avatars, the same way Gravatar works
* Emails registered in Gravatar service are not changed, and their Gravatar is preserved
* Emails not registered in Gravatar, instead of showing a default avatar, show a unicorn related to their specific email
* When email is not provided (generally in anonymous comments), random unicorns are used, which change on every page reload
* Of course, emails are preserved inside WordPress and never sent outside of it, privacy FTW ;)
Hikari Unicornified Gravatars requires at least WordPress 2.8 and PHP5 to work.
You can use the built in installer and upgrader, or you can install the plugin manually.
1. Download the zip file, upload it to your server and extract all its content to your /wp-content/plugins folder. Make sure the plugin has its own folder (for exemple /wp-content/plugins/hikari-unicornified-gravatar/).
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress admin page.
3. Go to your comments and see those ugly default gravatars being unicornified! :D
If you have to upgrade manually, simply delete hikari-unicornified-gravatar folder and follow installation steps again.
If you wanna deactivate the plugin, just use the option in plugins page. Hikari Unicornified Gravatars stores no data in database, so you don't have to worry about it.
Related: gravatar, avatars, unicorns, Email, registered, Service, gravatars, Anonymous, specific, preserved, Change, place, Wordpress, Emails, hikari, provided, related
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
Hikari Enhanced Comments enhances comments with features that make comments more visible and and becoming more exciting in website structure.
Things that you've been wanted to do, now can be done much easier.
* An Enhanced Recent Comments widget, based on Wordpress core widget, but redesigned to make it possible to show at least 60 last comments.
* Widget also allows to exclude users from having...
This plugin allows you to automatically add Gravatars for commenters to your theme, if your theme does not already support them.
According to the Gravatar.com website, Gravatars are Globally Recognized Avatars, or an "avatar image...
IMPORTANT: If you update from a version prior to 0.5, you have to reenable the sidebar widget!
Displays the Gravatars of all your commenters as a nice mosaic in the sidebar of your blog. The plugin is widget ready and comes with many...
You don't have to put any PHP codes, it will automatically replace all gravatars on your pages into true web thumbnail of linked site even on the dashboard. The screenshot is automatically generated from thumbspot.com so you don't have to worry...
Hikari Hooks Troubleshooter creates a draggable window with informations about Wordpress hooks. It lists all hooks (actions and filters) that have at least a function hooked to them, and for each hook there's a list of hooked functions, sorted by...
This plugin will give you a simple widget that you can use to display your blog's authors, including their gravatars and post counts.
The widget uses universal widget styling, so should fit perfectly into any WordPress theme.
Replaces Gravatar on every pages with Blog Catalog's avatar automatically
You don't have to put any PHP codes, it will automatically replace all gravatars on your pages into Blog Catalog's avatar even on the dashboard.
Changes all gravatars into algorithimically generated pictures of unicorns. See http://unicornify.appspot.com for more information.
1. Upload the files to the /wp-content/plugins/unicornify/ directory
You don't have to put any PHP codes, it will automatically replace all gravatars on your pages into mybloglog's or Yahoo's avatar even on the dashboard.
1. Upload the zipped file to...
Spam is website publishers #1 concern, we wanna share our and our visitors' emails to those who should have access to them, but don't want spam harvesters stealing them and sending garbage to us. A lot of techniques had been developed to hide our...
|User Review for Hikari Unicornified Gravatars