Description: Imsanity automatically resizes insanely huge image uploads down to a size that is more reasonable for display in browser, yet still more than large enough for typical website use. The plugin is configurable with a max width, height and quality. When a contributor uploads an image that is larger than the configured size, Imsanity will automatically scale it down to the configured size remove the original image.
Imsanity also handles bitmap images which WordPress is normally unable to scale.
This is the perfect plugin for blogs that do not require hi-resolution original images to be stored and/or the contributors don't want (or understand how) to scale images before uploading.
* Automatically scales large image uploads to a more "sane" size
* Allows configuration of max width/height and jpg quality
* Optionally converts BMP files to JPG so image can be scaled
* Once enabled, Imsanity requires no actions on the part of the user
* Uses WordPress built-in image scaling functions
1. Go to Admin - Plugins - Add New and search for "imsanity"
2. Click the Install Button
3. Click 'Activate'
1. Download imsanity.zip
2. Unzip and upload the 'imsanity' folder to your '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
3. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
Related: don, contributors, understand, Automatically, uploadingfeatures, andor, stored, scalethis, unable, perfect, Blogs, hiresolution, Require, scales, quotsanequot, requires, enabled, Actions, builtin
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 317.4 KB