Description: Janrain Engage (formerly RPX) enables your Drupal site or blog to you quickly register and login users via their existing accounts with Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo!, Windows Live, LinkedIn, MySpace, AOL, OpenID or other social platforms, and publish user comments or other activities from your site to multiple social networks.
With Janrain Engage, you can import rich user profile data to your site from a user's preferred network, helping you personalize the user experience and enhance user engagement.
The Janrain Engage Drupal module is easy to configure from within your Drupal administration panel.
Use Janrain Enage to increase registration rates and drive qualified referral traffic from the social networks back to your Drupal site.
New Drupal 7.x Module Under Development
See new issue, Drupal 7 Module Development, to review the Design and Plan for the Drupal 7.x Engage Module.
Update Nov 16: Development version for Drupal 7 is now available from CVS (HEAD) as well as from the downloads section below.
Installation and Setup
1. Requirement: Janrain Engage requires the OpenSSL extension for PHP to be enabled.
2. Install the module as usual in your site/all/modules folder and enable it from the Administer >> Build >> Modules page.
3. You will need to register your website at Janrain.com, but this registration process can be initiated from the module settings page by going to Administer >> Settings >> Janrain Engage (formerly RPX)
Issue Queue Priorities for 1.3 Release
* #638274: Make all the extra profile fields optional
* #714862: Mapping RPX Profile Fields to Drupal
* #590240: Allow linking of RPX sign in to existing drupal user account
* #667936: Use of alternate authenticator bypasses required fields.
See the Feature Roadmap for more details on what is scheduled for the future.
Update Aug. 2: Version 1.3 released. To see a list of improvements/fixes/features see the release node.
Update Nov 16: Social sharing is now available for all subscriptions of Janrain Engage, including Basic.
Related: drupal, janrain, engage, Module, Social, Registration, Profile, Development, administer, Register, existing, queue, priorities, rpxissue, Settings, Mapping
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 41.0 KB