Description: JBoss Application Server (JBoss AS) is the market-leading, open source Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EETM) application server, delivering a high-performance, enterprise-class platform for developing and deploying e-business applications.
JBoss AS not only delivers the performance and reliability expected from an industrial strength application platform, it enables customers to scale technically and economically as well. With its revolutionary service-oriented architecture (SOA), JBoss AS ensures that applications are developed, deployed, integrated, and managed in a consistent manner.
JBoss AS is widely known for its power and simplicity, and improves upon this with the introduction of the dramatically simplified Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) 3.0 programming model.
This new version of the EJB standard simplifies the Enterprise Java programming model by exposing the power of Java Enterprise Edition platform services to simple Java objects through standard Java annotations.
- Open-Source, Zero-Cost Product License - JBoss AS is licensed under the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL) and is, therefore, free to download and use for development and production deploymentd-deOCLregardless of the size of your deployment.
- Built for Standards - JBoss AS not only meets the needs of todayd-deOaos standards, but also is best positioned to handle the standards and services of tomorrow by the nature of its forward-looking, modular architecture.
- Enterprise - Class Reliability - JBoss AS provides a proven foundation for mission-critical applications that require superior performance and scalability. Its high-availability services provide the clustering, caching, fail-over, load balancing, and distributed deployment features expected in a best-of-breed platform.
- Embeddable, Service-Oriented Architecture - JBoss AS is assembled from a set of independent, yet cooperating, components and services which are neatly packaged and fully hot-deployable.
Consistent Manageability - With its elegant Java Management Extensions (JMX) based microkernel architecture, JBoss AS not only offers a consistent behavior of modules, but also offers the ability to manage and confi gure services through any management console that supports JMX.
- Enterprise Java Made Easy - JBoss AS embraces the new EJB 3.0 specification and programming model by providing access to a wide range of middleware services through the use of standard Java annotations.
- Enhanced Interoperability - JBoss AS fully supports the Web Services standards required in the J2EE 1.4 specification, enabling different applications to work together, even if they are running on different operating systems and hardware architectures, and using different application infrastructures and programming languages.
Related: jboss, Services, Enterprise, Platform, Programming, Applications, Architecture, Standard, Standards, Application, Deployment, Specification, Supports, consistent, License, expected, fully, Model
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 98.7 MB