JQuery Accordion Menu Widget 3.0
File ID: 96937
JQuery Accordion Menu Widget 3.0 Description
Description: Creates a widget, which allows you to create vertical accordion menus from any WordPress custom menu using jQuery. Features include - handles multiple levels, saved state using cookies and option of selecting "click" or "hover" events for triggering the menu. Uses the jquery cookie plugin by Klaus Hartl.
The widget has several parameters that can be configured to help cutomise the vertical accordion menu:
* Click/Hover - Selects the event type that will trigger the menu to open/close
* Auto-close open menus - If checked this will allow only one menu item to be expanded at any time. Clicking on a new menu item will automatically close the previous one.
* Disable parent links - If selected, any menu items that have child elements will have their links disabled and will only open/close their relevant sub-menus. Do not select this if you want the user to still be able to browse to that item's page.
* Close menu (hover only) - If checked the menu will automatically fully close after 1 second when the mouse moves off the menu - only available if event type is "hover"
* Hover delay - This setting adds a delay to the hover event to help prevent the menu opening/closing accidentally. A higher number means the cursor must stop moving for longer before the menu action will trigger
* Animation Speed - The speed at which the menu will open/close
* Skin - Several sample skins are available to give examples of css that can be used to style your accordion menu
Note: care should be taken when selecting the hover event as this may impact useability - adding a hover delay and reducing the animation speed may help reduce problems with useability
1. Upload the plugin through Plugins > Add New > Upload interface or upload jquery-vertical-accordion-menu folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. In the widgets section, select the jQuery accordion menu widget and add to one of your widget areas
4. Select one of the WP menus, set the required settings and save your widget
Related: Cursor, moving, means, Number, accidentally, higher, longer, Sample, Speed, Action, Animation, openingclosing, Prevent, hover, fully, Close, Item
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 81.9 KB
|More Similar Code|
Creates vertical dropdown menus from wordpress pages with wp_list_pages function using jQuery. You can add menu using either widgets or function in theme file. Handles just 2 levels and supports every parameters wp_list_pages has. Also you can set menu div's id and class by additional parameters.
Upload the plugin through Plugins > Add New > Upload interface or upload wp-jquery-accordion-menu folder to...
Creates a widget, which allows you to add drop down mega menus from any standard WordPress custom menu using jQuery. Can handle multiple mega menus on each page. For best results use 3 levels for the custom menu.
Creates a widget, which adds a sticky, sliding menu from any standard WordPress custom menu using jQuery. Can handle multiple slick menus on each page and the location of each menu can be easily set from the widget control panel using a...
This plugin adds enhanced "Navigation Menu" widget and removes the default "Custom Menu" widget. It offers many options which could be set to customize the output of the custom menu through the widget. For example you can set...
Dropdown Menu widget adds a beautiful, CSS only dropdown menu, listing pages OR categories of your blog. It allows you to chose vertical or horizontal. It supports multiple instances. You can select a theme for your widget from the Dropdown Menu...
The jQuery Accordion plugin is an easy to use jQuery photo gallery, that can be adapted for your projects. The component is available both horizontally and vertically. Some of the features includes autoplay, border, scroll images, click or hover...
The Folding Archives plugin provides a sidebar widget to display archives in a small and simple jQuery dropdown menu. The widget allows you to select how far back to display archives ( in days ), a custom title and an option for including...
Slightly modifies the built in Custom Menu widget to also show descriptions. Adds a span class of "CMWdesc" for easy styling. Borrows code from here as well (for the walker class rewrite). No guarantees of fitness for anything, I just...
Rbl-Navigator is a treeview menu widget with this plugin you can add a treeview menu for you WP bookmarks, last news, last news by categories and more..
1. Upload rbl-navigator.zip to your Wordpress plugins...
|User Review for JQuery Accordion Menu Widget