Description: Creates a widget, which allows you to create a drill down ipod style menu from any WordPress custom menu using jQuery. Drill down menus are ideal for managing large, complicated menus in a small, vertical, compact and fixed-sized area. They also offer a great alternative to accordion style and drop down menus. Features include - handles multiple levels, saved state using cookies and multiple menus on the same page.
To facilitate useability the drill down menu offers the option to have a count of the number of links for each level.
The drill down menu also offers 3 different ways to navigate:
* Using a breadcrumb style menu at the top of the drill down menu
* A back button to return to previous options
* Selecting previous link headers, which are fixed at the top of the menu so the user can see the path taken
Uses the jquery cookie plugin by Klaus Hartl for saving the menu state between pages.
1. Upload the plugin through Plugins > Add New > Upload interface or upload jquery-drill-down-ipod-menu folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. In the widgets section, select the 'jQuery Drill Down iPod Menu' widget and add to one of your widget areas
4. Select one of the WP menus, set the required settings and save your widget
Related: levelthe, Links, navigate, breadcrumb, Number, Count, pageto, Cookies, facilitate, useability, option, offers, Button, return, klaus, Plugin, hartl, saving
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 102.4 KB