LDPC Code Simulation 1.1
File ID: 77623
LDPC Code Simulation 1.1
File Size: 81.9 KB
|User Rating:|| (2 ratings)|
LDPC Code Simulation 1.1 Description
Description: The zip file contains
1. A 128x256 Regular (3,6) H matrix (if you need to simulate other codes, need to write your own code for generating those parity check matrices). The file '128x256regular_v6.mat' is for those using Matlab 6.5.
2. Files for LDPC code simulation over the AWGN channel.
3. Matlab-based and C-based (C-mex file)implementation of the LDPC decoder. The main simulation script contains the commands for the use of both decoders (there are 2 C-based decoders and one Matlab based). The commands for the decoder that are going to be used need to "uncommented", and those for the other decoder need to be "commented".
3a. To compile the C-mex file, need to install a C compiler (I have used Miscosoft Visual C 6.0). Then have to go to the Matlab command window and do
">>mex -setup" (then go through the steps of selecting the desired compiler).
">>mex decode_ldpc.cpp" (or ">>mex decode_ldpc_new.cpp"). This will produce a "dll" file by the name of "decode_ldpc.dll" (or "decode_ldpc_new.dll"), and this can then be used by the main script for simulation. I am including already compiled "dll" files which work with Maltab 7.0 (and Matlab 6.5). However if the included "dll" files do not work for you then you have to compile the "*.cpp" files using the method explained above.
3b. The Matlab code uses "Sparse" implementation for the various matrices, and is therefore makes efficient use of memory (this makes some difference if you -like me- use a standard PC for simulation and are using large H matrices that have block length greater than 3000). However if memory and CPU power and not your limitations then the C-based decoder is much faster.
4. The bit errors are counted over the entire code word. The main script needs to be modified for counting bit errors if a systematic matrix is being used.
5. The modulation used is BPSK.
To run a simulation
1. Open the script file by the name of "generic_simulator_nonsys.m"
2. Load a H (parity-check) matrix
3. Set the SNR range
4. Set maximum number of decoder iteration, and maximum number of errored codewords to count for each SNR point
5. Select the C-based OR Matlab-based LDPC decoder.
5A. The decoder "decode_ldpc_new" is much faster than "decode_ldpc" (the difference in speed increases with block length).
6. Run the script and wait for the results
Related: Decoder, Script, matlab, Simulation, cbased, matrices, quotdllquot, Files, decoders, Block, Matrix, Number, maximum, doquotgtgtmex, errors, Compile, matlabbased, commands
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 81.9 KB
|More Similar Code|
In our following paper, we find that the shortten codes of DVB-S2 have some problems,this program can provide a good DVB-S2 LDPC code without cascaded BCH codes.
 Yang Xiao, Kiseon Kim, "Alternative good LDPC codes for DVB-S2", 9th International Conference on Signal Processing, 2008 (ICSP 2008), Beijing, 26-29 Oct. 2008, page(s): 1959-1962, ISBN: 978-1-4244-2178-7, INSPEC Accession Number: 10411270, Digital Object...
The program searches for a girth 12 QC-LDPC code given size of sub-matrix, row and column weights. The configuration of sub-matrices could also be changed. The program offers flexibility in constructing girth-12 QC-LDPC codes compared to other...
The program searches for a girth 10 QC-LDPC code given size of sub-matrix, row and column weights. The configuration of sub-matrices could also be changed. The program offers flexibility in constructing girth-10 QC-LDPC codes compared to other...
Generate a turbo code, and decode the code iteratively using MAP detectors.
Punctured and unpunctured turbo codes are implemented.
JanSim is a set if 12 Simulation components including TjanSimLogicBox for no code simulation of digital electronics, and TjanSimPID and TjanSimScope for analog instrumentation simulation.
In my following book, I derived the algorithm of constructing the parity check matrices of IEEE 802.16e LDPC.
 Y. Xiao, Turbo and LDPC Codecs and their Applications, Press of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, 2010.
This example application shows you how to use Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder to target a dual core Blackfin microprocessor. The complete build is managed by a template makefile and control over the memory regions is provided by custom storage...
LDPC codes BER simulation under AWGN channel. MacKay-Neal based LDPC matrix. Message encoding uses sparse LU decomposition. There are 4 choices of decoder: hard-decision/bit-flip decoder, probability-domain SPA decoder, log-domain SPA decoder, and...
The program can produce the parity check matrix of DVB-S2 LDPC with the size 8100*4050, and 1/2 code rate.
Copyright (C) Yang XIAO, Beijing Jiaotong University, June 22, 2010, E-Mail: email@example.com.
Current Version Published:...
Gstat is an open source (GPL) computer code for multivariable geostatistical modelling, prediction and simulation.
Gstat can calculate sample variograms, fit valid models, show variograms, calculate (pseudo) cross variograms, fit valid...
|User Review for LDPC Code Simulation