Mass Contact 7.x-1.0-alpha3
File ID: 100099
Mass Contact 7.x-1.0-alpha3 Description
Description: The Mass Contact module is simply a modified and enhanced version of the core contact module. It allows site moderators (or anyone with permission), to send mass e-mail to a set role, group of roles or even to all registered users.
* The sender's own address may be placed in the 'To:' field and all recipients placed in the 'Bcc:' field, or the recipients simply placed in the 'To:' field. Note that the latter option leaves all recipients open to abuse due to their e-mail addresses being visible to all other recipients.
* The e-mail may be sent as html or plain text, and may include a single binary file attachment (if permitted by admin).
* At the option of the sender (if permitted by admin), a node may be created in order to keep a record of the e-mail sent. Do not try to send e-mails by creating nodes; it will not work.
* Users may opt-out of mass mailings on their profile page, but this may be overridden by the admin (or respected). The entire opt-out system may be disabled on the settings page.
Make sure to add at least one category and configure the module before trying to send mass e-mails.
The Mass Contact module also adds a menu item (disabled by default) to the navigation block.
* Retrieving userids and emails in a scaled way: no
* Sending email in a scaled way: yes, within server limits
* Keeping connections up while the long process continues: no
I just thought I would take a few moments and update everyone on what I've been doing and plan on doing with this module. This last week or so I have been integrating a lot of old feature requests from the issue queue into the DRUPAL-5--2, DRUPAL-6--1 and HEAD branches. Not all of the changes are yet in all branches, and I still have more work I want to do, including:
* Re-factoring how file attachments are done, including giving the administrator the option for specifying how many attachments are allowed.
* Adding in a few of the feature requests left in the queue. The ones I'm currently thinking of doing are #165912, #176356, #244027, #273746 and maybe #166266.
* Updating the uninstall and translation files with everything I've done.
* Last, but certainly not least, writing up some serious documentation.
After I finish the last item before the documentation, I'm going to let the code sit for a couple of weeks to make sure there are no big, bad bugs lurking in the code. Then I'll make new, official releases with all the new features.
This module was originally developed and the 1.x branch was maintained by truthiswithin. Due to a CVS cleanup done in early 2008 to fix some problems, all history, including his name, was removed.
Related: Module, Email, recipients, option, including, Field, Admin, optout, i039m, Emails, permitted, disabled, 039to039, Attachments, branches
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 30.7 KB
|More Similar Code|
This module allows taxonomy terms will be used as roles. Also collaborates with modules Mass Contact (http://drupal.org/project/mass_contact) and TAC Lite (http://drupal.org/project/tac_lite) to provide categories and restrict access to nodes tagged with a specific term (selected by Taxorole) only to be accessible by the equivalent roles.
This module allows the core contact module to send emails to site users and site roles.
The idea of this module is that you may want site visitors or basic users to contact a site admin (and you don't want to re-enter that admin's...
Registration role lets an administrator select a role to automatically assign to new users. The selected role will be assigned to new registrants.
[For a module that lets the user choose their role on registration, see rolesignup.]
HYIP software with eGold integration, a mass payout option, unlimited customized schemes, bonuses and penalties to individuals or all, advanced admin control panel, bulk mailer, newsletter mailing with HTML handling, email verification, contact...
Fast Email Based Contact form is an absolutely FREE solution from www.fastcreators.com. It is easy to customize and easy to install script, admin can define two emails on which he wants to get emails from the contact form. Also the form is...
FAST AOL Contact List Grabber and Invitation System
This is one of the most demanded modules for especially dating websites and web portals. User can login to AOL directly from your website and then his AOL Contact List will be...
This is a Perl script that you can run on your website in order to allow others to send you email through a web interface.
Unlike other web to email gateways, Contact Form is designed to thwart spammers. It does not allow email to be...
SIXDOFVM Calculate aircraft variable-mass rigid-body six-degrees-of-freedom
equations of motion using MATLAB ODE45 solver.
Two mass variable equations with "Aerospace 3Dof Simple Variable Mass Blockset" are compared in a 1Dof frictionless environment. Initial conditions are given in Model Callbacks.
Results showed that "Aerospace 3Dof Simple...
Contact From Script is a simple code that sends email from website to your specified email account.
You have options to change customer input and look of the script. Contact Form Script is the perfect solution to protect your email...
|User Review for Mass Contact