MATLAB Unisol 1.0
File ID: 85879
MATLAB Unisol 1.0 Description
Description: unisol is a logical puzzle invented by Lawrence Gould that has been printed in the Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney, Australia) and Tele Sept Jeux (Paris, France) since the mid 1980s. It appears in the Sydney Morning Herald on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
| X | B | E | J | 27 A=5; B=8
| C | D | J | G | 17
| G | E | F | B | 24
| H | A | C | F | 15
10 23 23 27 83
The rules of the puzzle are:
* the letters A to H and J represent the numbers 1 to 9
* each letter may occur only once in a row or column
* seven letters occur twice; two occur only once
* one of the letters that occurs twice has been replaced with an X
* the sums of each row and column and the whole square are given
* the object is to fill in the numbers.
Each puzzle has a unique solution. One of the numbers that occurs twice and one that occurs once are given, though the puzzles are often more interesting to solve without them.
Things to look for:
* the numbers 1 to 9 add to 45, so the sum of eight letters will give you the value of the ninth
* since seven letters occur twice and two only once the puzzle sums to 90 (2* 1 to 9) minus the sum of the two numbers that occur once
* certain sums can only be made up of certain numbers e.g. a row that adds to 11 must be 1,2,3 & 5
* lines with three letters in common give you the difference between the two other letters
* looking at differences between pairs of letters can give the difference between letters or narrow down possible combinations
* try to find areas where you can combine pieces of information to reduce possibilities.
Related: France, paris, 1980s, appears, fridays, wednesdays, mondays, Australia, herald, invented, Puzzle, Logical, lawrence, gould, morning, sydney, printed, unisol
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
This code, when passed a MATLAB structure, will recursively go into it and print out the form of the struct.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: Serial communication (TX and RX) using SERIAL Matlab function. For Bluetooth and RS-232 devices applications. (Narration in Spanish).
If you need to access a remote machine from your Matlab session (for near-real time data transfer etc...) this set of functions allows you to programmatically send a single command and obtain the return values as a cell array.
This file is for begainers, who wanted to learn the MATLAB in short duration of time.
The attached zip file contains the slides, MATLAB M-files, and Simulink models that were used in the Fixed-Point Programming in MATLAB webinar from December 8, 2005 by Tom Bryan. The recorded webinar is linked off of the Fixed-Point Toolbox web page
A GENERALAZED CONVOLUTION COMPUTING CODE IN MATLAB WITHOUT USING MATLAB BUILTIN FUNCTION conv(x,h)
Includes webinar slides as a PDF file together with a MATLAB script and a Simulink model to demonstrate filter design, implementation and HDL code generation capabilities with MATLAB, Simulink and featured toolboxes
Digital Signal Processing: Principles and Applications examples and exercises using MATLAB Companion S
M-files accompanying the " Genetic Algorithms & New Optimization Methods in MATLAB " webinar.
These files provide what you need to run the two demos: Optimization of non-smooth objective function, and Optimization of a...
This submission contains the demo files used in the Global Optimization with MATLAB webinar: http://www.mathworks.com/wbnr43346
* Peaks Minimization
* Nonlinear Curve Fitting
|User Review for MATLAB Unisol