Description: Nalanda is a library management software for producing internet/intranet based libraries.It can also be used on a single machine with no networking.
Nalanda runs on any computer that runs Apache, PHP and Mysql(all of which comes bundled with most GNU/Linux distributions)Nalanda is provided freely as Free Software/Open Source software(under the GNU Public License.
Basically this means Nalanda is copyrighted, but that you have additional freedoms. You are allowed to copy, use and modify Nalanda provided that you agree: to provide the source to others; to not modify or remove the original license, and apply this same license to any derivative work.
- Nalanda is a full fledged Online Library suitable for use at Universities,Libraries etc.
- Using Nalanda books common library functins like issuing and returning books,adding users etc can be done easily.
- In addition to these Nalanda also provides statistics (like total books issued,total fine collected) for a particular day or for a period of days.
- Users can login using a browser and search for books and can find all the details about the books issued to them including the renewal and isued dates and fine payable if any.
- The search facility in Nalanda is very advanced and supports wildcards. For example typing elec% at the title field retrives information about all books whose title starts with elec.
- Nalanda was written with special emphasis on security.
- Nalanda is flexible,user friendly and easy to maintain and uses the minimum resources,thanks to great software like GNU/Linux, Apache, PHP and MySQL
Related: nalanda, Books, License, Apache, modify, gnulinux, Search, title, Software, Library, provided, Browser, isued, renewal, Details, issued, including, period, Statistics
O/S:Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 71.7 KB