One Click Plugin Updater 2.4.14
File ID: 95248
One Click Plugin Updater 2.4.14
File Size: 10.0 KB
One Click Plugin Updater 2.4.14 Description
Description: Having grown to far exceed it's original aim - to provide easy plugin updates in WordPress - this plugin now deals with various aspects of plugin (and theme) installation and updating. Note that version 2.0 comes with a lot of new features, and, probably, new bugs. The previous version (see the "Other Versions" link to the right) is quite stable though.
* Single-click plugin upgrades in WP 2.3 and up. The techniques that this plugin uses are slightly different from the built-in plugin upgrade feature in WP 2.5, so it's possible that on some blogs the plugin updater works and the built-in updater doesn't (or vice versa).
* Upgrade all plugins with a single click (only in WP 2.5 and up).
* Visually identify plugins that have update notifications enabled. They get a yellow-gold marker in the "Plugin Management" tab.
* Quickly determine if there are any pending updates and how many plugins are active. This plugin displays that information right below the "Plugin Management" headline.
* Configure how often WordPress checks for plugin and core updates, which module is used to upgrade plugins (this plugin or the built-in updater), and other options. See Plugins -> Upgrade Settings.
* Easily install new plugins and themes (be sure to read the notes below). The plugin adds two new menus for this - Plugins -> Install a Plugin and Design -> Install a Theme.
* Delete plugins and themes from the Plugins/Themes tabs.
* Compatible with the OneClick Firefox Extension (up to version 2.1.2 of the plugin). Later versions use a new, improved FF addon : One-Click Installef for WP
* Global plugin update notifications.
* You can disable update notifications for inactive plugins.
* You can hide the little update count blurb displayed on the "Plugins" menu.
* Now with extra safety - uses the WordPress nonce mechanism for almost all tasks.
Currently this plugin only uses direct file access to update and install plugins/themes, so you'll need to make the "/wp-content/plugins/" and "/wp-content/themes/" folders writable by PHP for this to work. See Changing File Permissions for a general guide on how to do this. Eventually the plugin should use the new filesystem access classes introduced in WP 2.5.
If something doesn't work, you can enable "Debug mode" in Plugins -> Upgrade Settings. This will make the plugin display a detailed execution log when it tries to update or install another plugin.
A note for plugin developers - when performing an upgrade, this plugin will first deactivate the target plugin and call the deactivate hook, if any. Then it will download the new version. If everything goes well, the new version will be then activated (activate hook will be called, if any). This is different from how the built-in updater works - it doesn't call the deactivation hook.
More info - One Click Plugin Updater homepage
Related: Plugin, Plugins, Update, Version, Updater, builtin, notifications, Upgrade, Updates, Install, doesn, Wordpress, Works, oneclick, Access, deactivate, Scripts, Click, updater scripts, plugin updater
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
Important Notice This plugin is deprecated and is no longer maintained by it's original author. You should use One Click Plugin Updater instead.
If you really want to use this plugin you can download the last stable version by clicking "Other versions" (see the menu to the right) and selecting 0.9.8-old.
If you use the big red "Download" button you will get a version that will try to automatically...
Conveniently close or open comments for a post or page with one click.
From the admin listing of posts ('Edit Posts') and pages ('Edit Pages'), a user can close or open comments to any posts to which they have sufficient privileges to...
One click plugin bundle installs
All you need to do is create a text file with the plugin slugs, one per row. Rename it to "whatever.wpp" and then go to the Plugin Packs page in the admin.
The bundle can then be...
!WARNING : this plugin has been discontinued and replaced by One Click Post, for WP 3 and higher.
This plugin allows the users to write simple posts outside the dashboard (just like QuickPress from the Dashboard).
It adds a...
This plugin appends a button to the article manager, that allows you to add several articles to the frontpage with one click.
CheckBot - simple one-click captcha-plugin created for people. It is very easy to use, and look nice, but at the same time, fully customizable, and quite seriously protect your blog from spam.
* Antispam. The plugin...
This plugin is a 'one click' database optimizer.
It deletes the redundant revisions of posts and pages and then optimizes all WordPress database tables.
Upload `rvg-optimize-db.php` to the...
SEO Ultimate is an all-in-one SEO plugin with these powerful features:
Title Tag Rewriter -- UPDATED in Version 2.9
o Out-of-the-box functionality puts your post titles at the beginning of the...
If you've ever been sent a link to a plugin hosted on WordPress.org and wanted to install that plugin, you currently have two options:
1. Download the plugin manually, upload it to your blog either via the admin interface or via FTP,...
It adds a button to the TinyMCE Editor in your wordpress installation so that you can integrate the cartoon with one click on any page or post you like. The config page lets you choose the size of the cartoon image and the border thickness. The...
|User Review for One Click Plugin Updater