Private Network 1.2
File ID: 96249
Private Network 1.2
File Size: 10.0 KB
Private Network 1.2 Description
Description: Private Network allows Administrators at different WordPress installations, for example http://www.alice.com and http://www.bob.com, to share their posts within categories, posts with selected tags or single posts and pages. Within categories and tags is possible to share only private or include public posts.
How does it work:
Lets say that Alice, the Administrator of http://www.alice.com wants to share her private posts with her best friend Bob, the Administrator of http://www.bob.com; this are the steps that both Alice and Bob would have to follow:
* Install Private Network plug-in and create the Certificate as per Installation instructions.
* Go to the admin section of Private Network and click d-deDUContactsd-deDt
* Alice will have to enter Bob URL (www.bob.com) and Bob user-name (this is by default d-deDUadmind-deDt) in the provided text fields.
* Bob contact will appear in Alice's contacts list with status d-deDUAwaiting Confirmationd-deDt
* Next time Bob logs-in to his site's (www.bob.com) admin section and checks his contact list will notice Alice request with status d-deDUConfirm Contactd-deDt
* Bob approves Alice request by pressing the d-deDUConfirm Contactd-deDt button and then enables her to view his private posts setting the status to d-deDUEnabledd-deDt
* Alice checks her contacts again and sees that Bob has confirmed her as a contact. She copies and paste the tag in her contact list belonging to contact d-deDUBobd-deDt into a new post (preferably a private post), saves the post and she can now view the items that Bob has decided to share with Alice.
1. Upload private-network to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. Create your certificate from Settings=> Private Network => Certificate
4. Add contacts from Settings => Private Network => Contacts
5. For each contact edit the Access Control List
Related: Contact, alice, Private, posts, Network, Share, Status, Contacts, Certificate, checks, wwwbobcom, Section, Admin, Plugin, Categories, httpwwwalicecom, Request, Wordpress, httpwwwbobcom, Scripts
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
Start your client based or corporate community site with PG SocialPrise software today!
3 designs: Corporate, Business and Niche social networking templates!
You can launch a high-impact site for educated professionals, your company employees, your brand or your customers. Save money and time on setup and monthly fees: we offer a turnkey fully customizable script matching your demands. Order once. Run from your server or any...
PG SocialBiz is a ready PHP/MySQL software that can help you build your own social community website.
Open source code, free installation & technical support. Easy setup & management.
- 3 designs for...
SecEx is a graphical SCP and SFTP client and secure terminal emulator that allows encrypted file transfer to and from SSH Servers. Supports SSH1 and SSH2 servers on both Unix and Windows. SSH Secure Shell is a replacement for the telnet command...
Network Assistant is a real-time communication utility for the office environment, including channels-based chat, shared whiteboard and instant messaging. It is intended to be used in small office or home office (SOHO) local networks. Network...
ActiveX control for secure private networking with 128-bit AES encryption and on-the-fly compression. Implements a flexible message-oriented protocol on top of a single TCP connection. Information is exchanged through typed data packets...
NetWork Multimedia (NMM) library allows transfering voice over TCP (VoIP) including voice broadcast and control remote PC. Requires Indy. Prefered ACM codec to use is Speex.
Real-time network communication utility for the office environment, including channels-based chat, shared whiteboard and instant messaging. It is intended to be used in small office or home office (SOHO) local networks and it does not require a...
Convert dotted-quad IPv4 addresses along with CIDR mask to host-byte-order long integer ip, network and broadcast, along with their dotted-quad IPv4 representation.
This program uses a digital trie search (Knuth 1998) to find the network of a given IPv4 address. It is fast, and can find nested subnets.
A lightweight and portable way to hex-dump network traffic between network applications.
|User Review for Private Network