Description: A pull-quote is a quotation or excerpt from an article that is typically placed in a larger or distinctive typeface on the same page, serving to entice readers into an article or to highlight a key topic.
Without the module, authors would need to duplicate the text excerpt.
This module automates and simplifies the use of pull-quotes for Drupal, by:
* removing the need to duplicate excerpts;
* automatically adding opening and closing quotation marks to the pull quote;
* leaving the excerpt unchanged in the body text;
* formatting the pull-quote to match your site's design, using CSS.
To use, simply place intended text excerpt inside a span tag with a class of 'pullquote'. The module then duplicates the text, adds opening and closing quotation marks and formats with an eye-catching design.
This has several advantages:
* the avoidance of duplicated text, makes your work better with screen-readers like RSS, as there is no out of context excerpt duplication;
* it is easier for less skilled authors to create pullquotes;
* pull-quotes can be put on the opposite side, simply by adding a different CSS class; and
* if you later want to change the design of your pull-quotes, you can do so with just one simple change.
This module was inspired by this article. Thanks also to Sun for his code critique during development
Related: pullquotes, Module, excerpt, Article, quotation, adding, authors, opening, Duplicate, pullquote, Class, Simply, marks, closing, Design, makes, duplicated, screenreaders, Context
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB