Quick Page/Post Redirect 3.2.2
File ID: 95365
Quick Page/Post Redirect 3.2.2
File Size: 430.1 KB
Quick Page/Post Redirect 3.2.2 Description
Description: Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin redirects WordPress Pages or Posts to another location quickly. It adds an option box to the edit section where you can specify the redirect location and type of redirect that you want, temporary, permanent, or meta. See blow for additional features added in each new version.
NEW - Version 1.9 adds 3 new features: 1. you can now open a redirect link in a new window, 2. You can add a rel="nofollow" attribute to the link of a redirect, and 3. You can completely re-write the URL for the redirct so it takes the place of the default page URL (rewrite the href link). NEW - Version 1.8 adds a new feature to allow you to add redirects without needing to create a Page or Post to do so. This is very useful for sites that were converted to WordPress and have old links that create 404 errors (see FAQs for more information).
The redirect Location can be to another WordPress page/post or any other website with an external URL. It allows the use of a full URL path, the post or page ID, permalink or page-name.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, the a new page or post needs to be Published in order for the redirect to happen. It WILL work on a DRAFT Status Post/Page ONLY, and I mean ONLY, if the Post/Page has FIRST been Published and the re-saved as a Draft - WordPress does not set up the post meta for the permalink until after first publish for some reason - will hopefully fix this in the future.
This plugin is also not compatible with WordPress versions less than 2.5.
Tested in MU 2.9.2 (3/13/2010)
* If you check the box for "Show Redirect URL below" on the edit page, please note that you MUST use the full URL in the Redirect URL box. If you do not, you may experience some odd links and 404 pages, as this option cahnges the Permalink for the page/post to the EXACT URL you eneter in that field. (i.e., if you enter '2' in the field, it will redirect to 'http://2' which is not the same as 'http://yoursite.com/?p=2').
* If your browser tells you that your are in an infinite loop, check to make sure you do not have pages redirecting to another page that redirects back to the initial page. That WILL cause an infinate loop.
* If you are using the new Quick 301 Redirects method to do your redirects, be sure that your Request URL starts with a / and is releative to the root (i.e., http://mysite.com/test/ would have /test/ in the request field).
* If your page or post is not redirecting, this is most likely because something else like the theme functions file or another plugin is outputting the header BEFORE the plugin can perform the redirect. This can be tested by turning off all plugins except the Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin and testing if the redirect works. 9 out of 10 times, a plugin or bad code is the culprit.
* We have tested the plugin in dozens of themes and alongside a whole lot more plugins. In our experience, (with exception to a few bugs) most of the time another plugin is the problem. If you do notice a problem, please let us know at email@example.com - along with the WP version, theme you are using and plugins you have installed - and we will try to troubleshoot the problem.
Related: Redirect, Plugin, Wordpress, redirects, Plugins, Problem, Field, Quick, pagepost, permalink, Links, Create, Pages, tested, Published, Experience, redirecting, rewrite
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 430.1 KB
|More Similar Code|
It adds an option box to the edit section where you can specify the redirect location and type of redirect that you want, temporary, permanent, or meta. See below for additional features added.
* Works with new WordPress menus
* Works with new WordPress Custom Post Types (set option on settings page)
* You can set a redirect page or menu link to open in a new window (will not work on permalinks)
Allows the user to insert a index of posts and categories on page/post using shortcodes.
It can produce a list or tree like index wich may include the category name, subcategory name, the post title and parts of the post like the post...
Displays weather from Yahoo in a wordpress page/post or as a widget with customizable options.
Override titles, descriptions and keywords with page/post level input for greater control of Search Engine Optimization.
This is a fairly modified version of the all-in-one-seo-pack for the specific situation of using WordPress as a CMS...
Backup flickr's picture which in page/post External links to flickr's picture. when flickr change the privacy or stop the service,you can change the external links of flickr's picture to internal links.for example: change to 0.6 version update:...
Allows 'in-page' widget areas so widgets can be defined via shortcut straight into page/post content. There is one default widget area that can be used or you can add more from the settings menu. You can currently have an unlimited number of...
Simple Move Comments moves all comments from one page/post to another.
Yust select the source and destination and press the move comments button.
All changes will be logged in a logfile.
It's an easy way to show and order all posts from category/tag into a page/post. Really handy for showing your tutorials, articles, etcetera. It shows as a list(<li>) so it will apply your blog style-sheet as you wish.
Gives you a shortcode to embed a Wave in your WordPress page/post.
1. Upload the wp-wave-shortcodes folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in...
TwitterPad is an automatic RSS-to-page/post plugin designed to integrate with twitter. This plugin allows the user to add a number of custom search strings from search.twitter.com specifying which page (or a new post) new tweets should be added...
|User Review for Quick Page/Post Redirect