Quotes Collection 1.5.4
File ID: 92628
Quotes Collection 1.5.4
File Size: 256.0 KB
Quotes Collection 1.5.4 Description
Description: Quotes Collection plugin with Ajax powered Random Quote sidebar widget helps you collect, manage and display your favourite quotations on your WordPress blog. All quotes or a set of quotes can also be displayed on a page using a <!--QuoteBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--> shortcode.
Features and notes:
* Random Quote sidebar widget with Ajax refresh feature -- you will be able to get another random quote on the same space without refreshing the web page. Following is the list of options in the widget control panel:
o Widget title
o Option to show/hide quote author
o Option to show/hide quote source
o Turn on/off the ajax refresh feature
o Choose random or sequential order for refresh
o Option to refresh the quote automatically
o Show only quotes with certain tags
o Specify a character limit and filter out bigger quotes
* The template function quotescollection_quote() can be used to display a random quote in places other than sidebar. See other notes for details.
* Quotes can be displayed in a page by placing a shortcode such as the ones below.
o Placing [quote|all] in the page displays all quotes.
o [quote|author=Somebody] displays quotes authored by Somebody.
o [quote|source=Something] displays quotes with source as 'Something'
o [quote|tags=sometag] displays quotes tagged sometag
o [quote|tags=tag1,tag2,tag3] displays quotes tagged tag1 or tag2 or tag3, one or more or all of these
o [quote|id=3] displays quote with ID 3
o [quote|random] displays a random quote
* The plugin comes with a nice admin interface to add, edit and manage quotes.
* Compatible with WordPress 3.0 multi-site functionality.
* The plugin suppports localization. See other notes for the full list of available languages and the respective translators.
1. Upload quotes-collection directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the 'Quotes Collection' plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. Add and manage the quotes through the 'Quotes Collection' menu in the WordPress admin area
4. To display a random quote in the sidebar, go to 'Widgets' menu and drag the 'Random Quote' widget into the sidebar
Related: Quotes, displays, Sidebar, Random, Plugin, refresh, Widget, Wordpress, option, Notes, Manage, Display, tagged, Source, Admin
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 256.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
th0th's Quotes is a plugin that allows you to show quotes from your collection in custom places of your WordPress (like sidebar -with widget-, pages and posts).
The plugin comes with a widget working out-of-the-box. Widget has no settings, it is pretty simple. After activating plugin you can add widget and it will show a random quote each time page is reloaded.
You can display your quotes also in pages or posts using...
Elegantjbeans - Chart & Graph Collection is a multi-platform compatible collection comprises of Strip chart and 2D charts. The Strip chart can be used to display continuous fluctuating data like stock quotes. ElegantJ JAVA BEAN strip chart has...
The collection is comprised of strip charts and 2D charts. The strip chart can be used to display continuous fluctuating data like stock quotes. The 2D chart allows developers to incorporate line, bar, and pie chart in their applications.
Finance-QuoteHist is a collection of perl / CGI module which are widely useful to display historical stock quotes. A set of websites can be given with a list to grab stock quote information. By default, Yahoo, Wall Street City, SiliconInvestor...
The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C , Objective-C, Fortran, Java, and Ada, as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc , libgcj,...).
This minimalistic WordPress plugin displays great hand picked quotes in your blog's sidebar.
Displays great inspirational hand picked quotes in your blog's sidebar, daily or randomly. Your visitors can tweet quote with single click. You can...
Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles! The Tintin Quotes widget will display a random insult from all the Tintin quotes in the database. The plugin comes with 235 insults from Captain Haddock and 4 quotes from Sir Francis Haddock. All the quotes...
Display in-line stock quotes on your blog
* Easy Linking - The plugin picks up keywords by itself and suggests quotes for you to display them on your blog.
* Updated Prices - The Stock Quotes plugin will show most recent price of...
This plugin/widget lets you add and show randow quotes to your wordpress blog with ease. It uses mySQL to store quotes.
You can specify an image for each quote, deafult image for quotes, and the option to disable images all together.
Stray Random Quotes helps you collect and display random quotes everywhere on your blog. The plugin is so flexible that it can be used to display random words of all sorts: taglines, "leave a response" messages, footer or header sections...
|User Review for Quotes Collection