Recent Comments with Avatars 3.5
File ID: 100375
Recent Comments with Avatars 3.5 Description
Description: Once the widget is added to your sidebar you may easily configure it to provide a display of recent comments with comment author avatars. The options are:
* The title of the widget.
* Limit the number of comments to shown (1 to 15).
* Option to display the avatar of the comment author, or not.
* Set the size of the avatar.
* Chose to have the comment author's URL (if given) open in a new window,
* Show the date of the comment, or not.
* Set the format of the date.
* Set the size (as a fraction of the normal text size) of the date string.
* Show an excerpt from the comment.
* Convert smilies in the excerpt.
* Show a country flag indicating the source of the comment, requires MySQL database modifications, see below.
* Show a country flag in main comment loops, non-widget, requires theme and MySQL database modifications, see below.
The style of the output may be controlled with simple CSS rules that need to be included in your styles.css template file. The container (i.e. <ul> or <table>) has the id recentcomments (use CSS .recentcomments). List items (i.e. <li>) have the class recentcomments (use CSS #recentcomments).
* Put the complete plug-in folder into your WordPress plug-in directory (if this doesn't make sense it probably isn't something you should be trying) and activate it.
* Go to your Appearance dlT¬ Widgets page and include Recent Comments in your sidebar.
* Use the configuration options to set up your widget to display recent comments as you like... ;-)
* Optionally, to use the comment flag options, the following notes must be completed...
Flag installation notes Modify your theme to show country flags in main comment loops, you must make this change to your comments.php theme template file. Change wp_list_comments(); to sa_comment_list_with_flag();. And you must import the wp_iptocountry.sql file into your MySQL WordPress database.
Related: Comment, recentcomments, Author, Mysql, modifications, avatar, Comments, excerpt, Country, requires, Database, Widget, Display, Theme, belowthe, Style, loops, nonwidget, Rules
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 20.5 KB
|More Similar Code|
This plugin adds a new widget that displays recent comments with the author avatar.
1. Download the plugin, unzip it and upload it to /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
3. Go to Appreaance dlT¬ Widgets and add the 'Extended Recent Comments'.
This plugin offers a highly customizable widget to show recent comments of your visitors in your sidebars. The output is completely under your control for every widget with stunning features like custom tags and output styles!
Displays a list (typically, in your sidebar) of your visitors' recent comments. By default, shows the latest comment from each of the last five commented-on posts.
* how many recent comments to display
Retrieves a list of the most recent comments.
1. Upload recent-comments.php to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. Place <?php...
Click to see my other plugins
This will vertically scroll the recent comments in site side bar or any desired location with avatar or name or none.
Show the recent comments in your WordPress sidebar. You can limit the number of comments, set the maximum length of excerpts, filter out pingbacks and/or trackbacks. You can also enable or disable the avatars, resize and reposition them. Besides...
Adds the ability to do an in-place expansion of comment excerpts on the admin dashboard 'Recent Comments' widget.
By default, the 'Recent Comments' admin dashboard widget only shows an excerpt for the comments, truncating the content of...
The Comments with OpenId plugin allows the user to provide his/her details via all the famous OpenID service providers (Google, Yandex, LiveJournal etc.) while commenting. A working example of the plugin can be found on http://unixpin.com
Contains functions to show comment count, pingback count, trackback count, top commentors, most recent comments, and more.2.6.2
1. Download the appropriate version
2. Make sure the file is called...
This plugin makes a widget available which allows you to list the most recent comments to your blog, along with a short excerpt from the comment.
|User Review for Recent Comments with Avatars