Risk and Asset Allocation 1.0
File ID: 79715
Risk and Asset Allocation 1.0
File Size: 6.6 MB
Risk and Asset Allocation 1.0 Description
Description: These routines support the book "Risk and Asset Allocation" Springer Finance, by A. Meucci, see http://www.symmys.com
The routines include many new features:
- more uni-, multi- and matrix-variate distributions
- more copulas
- more graphical representations
- more analyses in terms of the location-dispersion ellipsoid.
- best replication / best factor selection
- FFT-based projection of a distribution to the investment horizon
- caveats about delta/gamma pricing
- step-by-step evaluation of a generic estimator
- non-parametric estimators
- multivariate elliptical maximum-likelihood estimators
- shrinkage estimators: Stein and Ledoit-Wolf, Bayesian classical equivalent
- robust estimators: Hubert M, high-breakdown minimum volume ellipsoid
- missing-data techniques: EM algorithm, uneven-series conditional estimation
- stochastic dominance
- extreme value theory for VaR
- Cornish-Fisher approximation for VaR
- kernel-based contribution to VaR and expected shortfall from different risk-factors
- mean-variance analysis and pitfalls (different horizons, compounded vs. linear returns, etc...)
- Bayesian estimation (multivariate analytical, Monte Carlo Markov Chains, priors for correlation matrices)
- estimation risk evaluation: opportunity cost of estimation-based allocations
- Black Litterman allocation
- robust optimization (calls SeDuMi to perform cone programming)
- robust Bayesian allocation
In addition to these MATLAB routines, at www.symmys.com the reader can find other freely downloadable complementary materials:
- the "Technical Appendices", a booklet with the proofs of the results presented in the books and used in the routines
- the "Slides", a set of presentations that walk the reader through the whole book
- the "Errata", a few typos in the first two reprints of the book
- the "Sample", an excerpt of the book.
Any feedback on the above materials is highly appreciated: please refer to www.symmys.com to contact the author.
Related: black, litterman, allocation, allocations, estimationbased, matrices, Opportunity, Optimization, calls, addition, matlab, morein, Programming, sedumi, perform, Correlation, priors, Analysis, pitfalls
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 6.6 MB
|More Similar Code|
Exercises and case studies for a rigorous approach to risk- and portfolio-management. This booklet stems from the review sessions of the six-day ARPM bootcamp.
Advanced multivariate statistics; copula-marginal decomposition
Annualization/projection (FFT, cumulants, simulations)
Pricing: exact; first order (delta/duration); second order (gamma/convexity)
Quest for invariance (stationarity,...
To walk through the code and for a thorough description, refer to
A. Meucci, (2010) "Linear versus Compounded Returns: Common Pitfalls in Risk and Portfolio Management",
Latest version of code and article available at...
The code is explained in the article: Okunev, Pavel, "Fast Computation of
the Economic Capital, the Value at Risk and the Greeks of a Loan Portfolio
in the Gaussian Factor Model" (July 1, 2005)....
Drivolution aims at reducing the cost, risk, and downtime associated with database driver distribution, deployment and upgrade in large production environments. Drivers are stored in the database and dynamically downloaded by client applications.
World Foundry is a 3D level game engine and asset production pathway with over 170,000 lines of code. Originally a commercial product, now released under the GPL. Designed from the beginning to be cross-platform, runs on windows, working on linux...
Application for financial position, risk and technical analysis, based on Uninode, Edgescript and Nodelab.
Asset tracking Software can be used by users in electronic license management and asset insurane. It consists two main works in it as software asset tracking and hardware asset tracking. The managers can find the nature of the license through the...
To walk through the code and for a thorough description, refer to A. Meucci, "A New Breed of Copulas for Risk and Portfolio Managemen", Risk (September 2011).
Latest version of article and code available at http://symmys.com/node/335
Note: This module is in beta and under active development. Use on production sites at your own risk and use caution when upgrading.
Update: We have a 7.x development release!
Update: JohnAlbin has joined the team! He will be...
This is a PHP based application which provides unique return on investment, reduces risk and gives your business great opportunities. This application easily manages documents, online content, customized data and product catalogues, media files...
|User Review for Risk and Asset Allocation