SDCC 2.8.0 Description
Description: SDCC is a retargettable, optimizing ANSI - C compiler that targets the Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390, Zilog Z80 and the Motorola 68HC08 based MCUs.
Work is in progress on supporting the Microchip PIC16 and PIC18 series. SDCC is Free Open Source Software, distributed under GNU General Public License (GPL).
Some of the features include:
- ASXXXX and ASLINK, a Freeware, retargettable assembler and linker.
- extensive MCU specific language extensions, allowing effective use of the underlying hardware.
- a host of standard optimizations such as global sub expression elimination, loop optimizations (loop invariant, strength reduction of induction variables and loop reversing ), constant folding and propagation, copy propagation, dead code elimination and jump tables for 'switch' statements.
- MCU specific optimizations, including a global register allocator.
- adaptable MCU specific backend that should be well suited for other 8 bit MCUs
- independent rule based peep hole optimizer.
- a full range of data types: char (8 bits, 1 byte), short (16 bits, 2 bytes), int (16 bits, 2 bytes), long (32 bit, 4 bytes) and float (4 byte IEEE).
- the ability to add inline assembler code anywhere in a function.
- the ability to report on the complexity of a function to help decide what should be re-written in assembler.
- a good selection of automated regression tests.
Related: specific, bytes, Assembler, optimizations, propagation, ability, Based, Function, Global, elimination, retargettable, including, Statements, Register, allocator, adaptable, Switch, backend, Tables
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 3.3 MB
|More Similar Code|
Graphical(GUI) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for SDCC (Small Device C Compiler)
SDCC source-level debugger, monitor and downloader for the 8051 based TI MSC12xxEVM's. Windows, Cygwin, Linux and BSD Macs have all been tested under SDCC 2.5.0 is supported. SDCC 2.6.0 is not yet supported.
This is an effort to improve the state of the SDCC pic14 port Libraries
SDCC-M08 is a Freeware, retargettable, optimizing ANSI - C compiler. New port for Motorola 68HC08/68HC908 processor family, a side branch of the original SDCC. It generates RAM sparing reentrant code, different from root SDCC. Distributed under GPL.
DevMic is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Small Device C compiler (SDCC) based on Dev-Cpp. The main aim is to allow programmers to develop software for microcontrollers easily and quickly.
TI83dk is a set of tools and a library to allow users to cross-compile to the TI-83 graphing calculator using the open source SDCC compiler
EmbedIT is a toolkit providing debugging of 8051 programs (c/asm) on real hardware, using debugging output from SDCC or hex files.
SDCC is a free open source, retargettable, optimizing ANSI C
compiler suite that supports a growing list of processors including the
Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390, Zilog Z80, Z180, Rabbit 2000, gbz80,
Motorola 68HC08, Microchip PIC16...
Tutorial de como utilizar SDCC con el PIC18F4550. Incluir ejemplos de funciones particulares: adc, spi, i2c, usart, usb, atenciA?n a interrupciones etc.
Library routines for creating firmware for the Cypress FX2 (CY7C68013 and variants) with SDCC