Spectacu.la Page Widget 1.0.7
File ID: 95545
Spectacu.la Page Widget 1.0.7
File Size: 10.0 KB
Spectacu.la Page Widget 1.0.7 Description
Description: With this page widget you can create a page in the normal WordPress editor and then drop it in any widget space - you can even embed shortcodes, videos and so on, all from the usual visual editor, rather than having to type HTML into a text widget.
And you can even control the widget to a significant degree, meaning it can be hidden and revealed as and when you require it.
This makes for a much easier to use process and has proven hugely popular with our users for the creation of profiles, sidebar videos and more.
And you no longer need admin access to be able to edit sidebar content belonging to you!
In a few rare cases, with poorly coded CSS in themes you may run into problems, so you should test this widget with your theme, across several browsers, before using it on a critical live site.
The widget will not show up on the page that is chosen to show in the widget. So if you click through to the page the widget will disappear from the sidebar.
If you want to translate the widget interface the files need for that are held in a sub-folder called lang. Just copy the spec-page-widget-en-US.po file to match your language (spec-page-widget-xx-XX.po) then load it up in poedit and change what you need to change.
If you create a translation and you'd like your language file included with the plugin contact us at Spectacu.la and we'll see about adding it.
1. Upload spec-page-widget.php and lang/. to /wp-content/plugins/spec-page-widget/ or /wp-content/mu-plugins/ directory. If the directory doesn't exist then create it.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. You should now see the widget show up under 'widgets' menu. Drop that widget into a sidebar.
4. With the widget in the sidebar you should see the config for this widget.
1. First select the page you'd like to show.
2. If you want a title to show tick the show title option. This makes two more options available, 'link title' and 'alternative title'. If you want to link to source or use another title enter them in this new area.
3. Next we have an option to use an excerpt rather than the full content. By default Wordpress won't let you create an excerpt for pages so one will be generated unless you've used another plugin to create an excerpt in which case that'll be used.
4. Hide the page from the normal Wordpress list of pages. This lets you to remove links to that page from other parts of Wordpress that use the wp_list_pages() call. If you have two of these widgets both calling the same page then hiding the page in one will hide it in all.
5. Finally hit save.
Related: Widget, Create, Sidebar, excerpt, Wordpress, Plugin, title, Pages, makes, option, Directory, Config, Content, you039d, Videos, Editor, spectacu, Scripts, Page, La
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
This plugin works like the standard Page widget, however this one works how you want it to do.
The menu unfolds sub-items as required
This plugin displays initially the pages menu top-level pages only. While on a page, the child pages that belong to the page are also listed. While on a child-page, the subsequent grand-child pages are listed also. Etc. as deeply as reuired.
Additionally a Home-link...
The purpose of this widget is to take an existing page and show it inside a widget that you can add through the regular widget system in WordPress.
# Installation :
1. Upload simple-page-widget.php to the...
Allows 'in-page' widget areas so widgets can be defined via shortcut straight into page/post content. There is one default widget area that can be used or you can add more from the settings menu. You can currently have an unlimited number of...
This widget outputs single page with thumbnail (wordpress 2.9 feature) and page excerpt on any widgetized area. It has options to choose page which you would like to feature, to replace page title with custom one, to show or not page excerpt and...
Standard display of pages in WordPress can be a problem if you have a lot of pages with subpages causing the widget with list of pages to take a lot of space on the page.
Widget supports multiple instances from version 3.0.0.
The Sidebar Widget Plugin is a really nice plugin but I thought that it would a lot more convenient to have a mixture between the 9 texts widget and the page widget. So I did the Multi Pages Widget which makes it so much easier to organize your...
Ever found your theme doesn't support threaded comments? Would you like it to be able to have P2 style live commenting on your site? Spectacu.la Discussion is a plugin that replaces the commenting code in your theme with a fully Ajaxed comments...
This made the widget selection much easier. With this plugin activated we can select widgets to show specifically for one page / post / or custom post type.
Download the latest version from here,...
The Sidebar Widget Plugin is easy to integrate and maintainable content provider for your page, but one aspect was missing from my side. The pages widget displays all pages, but I liked only to display the pages which are children from the current...
|User Review for Spectacu.la Page Widget