SPIP to Drupal 6.x-2.x-dev
File ID: 100061
SPIP to Drupal 6.x-2.x-dev Description
Description: SPIP to Drupal is a set of three modules:
Migrate a spip site to drupal.
o users(auteurs). User passwords can't be imported as they're encrypted in a way no compatible with drupal. See spipauth.module below.
o articles. Imported as stories.
o comments(forum). Only comments for articles and news. No private comments.
o keywords(mots). A vocabulary is created for each group of keywords.
o sections(rubriques). Imported as terms on a vocabulary of your election.
o news(breves). Work in progress.
o documents. Documents are imported as uploads. Work in progress.
o Uses the drupal batch API.
o Retrieve parsed contents from the spip site in json format. A spip plugin is provided for json output.
o spip2drupal only require drupal core modules (comment, taxonomy, upload). Spip features have no a direct matching to drupal core ones. This is a enumeration of some cases:
1. Some features are not possible in drupal: for example in spip an article can have multiple authors. In drupal they can't.
2. Some features are not in core but can be found in contributed modules: for example the status of articles: in spip they are (in progress, for evaluation, published, in the dustbin, rejected). Available status in drupal core are published/unpublished. Spip2drupal just do a reduction of spip statuses to drupal ones.
Some contrib modules deal with moderation of content. For a reference: http://groups.drupal.org/node/27692
3. Some other features can be obtained with a mix of contrib modules and/or theming. For example the functionality provided by spip squelettes can be obtained by combining theming and views.
o Plugins are available in spip since version 1.9. As this module now requires the json plugin it doesn't work with older versions. Perhaps workaround can be provided for older versions.
o json extension for PHP is required in the drupal server. PHP 5.2 does include json, you can install it via PECL for older versions of PHP. JSon is not needed for spip (it can be in a separate server).
Spip users passwords can't be imported as stated above. This module allows to authenticate drupal users against a spip database. If the supplied password is valid for spip, the module will set this password for the user in the drupal database. This way, after a first login with success, the user is completely imported as native drupal user. This module is useful to gradually move your users' passwords from spip database to drupal.
Common code for the other two modules. It is responsible of handling spip database credentials. It may dissapear in a future when spip2drupal implement a closer integration with the drupal database API.
* You will find technical info about the use of the module in the README file, and a list of features to improve or possible implementation in the TODO file.
* If you need a site-specific feature you can hire me or if this module has been helpful to you please consider donating to my PayPal account.
Related: drupal, Module, Features, Database, Modules, imported, Progress, older, Versions, Articles, provided, can039t, Passwords, spip drupal, vocabulary, contrib, Users, Status, Plugin
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 20.5 KB
|More Similar Code|
This is a module to migrate from a PHP-Nuke installation to Drupal.
* Site configuration. Site name, slogan, language,...
* Drupal users: authors (admins) and users.
* Drupal nodes: stories, links as weblinks, events as events, reviews, sections and encyclopedia content.
* Drupal taxonomies: sections, topics, categories for stories, links and downloads.
* Encyclopedia chapters are imported...
This module is an extension to the CKEditor module.
It also supports CKEditor installed through the Wysiwyg module.
This module currently allows to easily create links to Drupal nodes through CKEditor's Link button and...
Adds additional hooks to drupal. Provides additional functionality.
We initially created this module as a part of the Resource Manager module (in development) but it seemed more sensible to split it into a separate module that we can...
Convert Selenium IDE PHP output to Drupal SimpleTest format.
1. Download the Selenium IDE.
2. Record a test or portion of a test.
3. Export the test as PHP (File -> Export Test Case As -> PHP).
This is a tiny, yet useful module, which adds a filter, to facilitate linking to Drupal.org projects.
Lots of us blog about Drupal projects, or mention them in our forum discussions. Linking to a Drupal project, each time it is...
This is a module to be able to easily configure and add the Front Page Slideshow from JoomlaWorks to Drupal.
The idea is to create a slideshow and add slides as you would add any other story. The slideshow is then set up as a block...
XMPP Framework is a holder that provides xmpp functionality to Drupal.
The main framework provides functions that allow the user too do xmpp actions and send and retrieve information depending on the function called.
1. Enable the module and...
The Drupal module ClosedQuestion adds the Closed Question node-type to Drupal that takes an XML question definition and displays this question to users. The ClosedQuestion-nodes are stand-alone and can be used anywhere a normal node is used.
Placeholder for what will be a CSS Sprite Generator specific to Drupal. Feel free to post feature requests on what you would like to see for the future of this module.
|User Review for SPIP to Drupal