Storage API 7.x-1.0
File ID: 101693
Storage API 7.x-1.0 Description
Description: Note: the D7 version of this module is currently being heavily refactored and is not yet suitable for production use.
Storage API is a framework for enterprise-level file storage and serving / streaming.
It has the following features:
* Pluggable architecture - it can be extended to work with any CDN.
* Redundancy - it can be configured to store your files in multiple CDNs and instantaneously change which one is serving. This means your site will not be brought down by a CDN having problems.
* Access control API - can be used for e-commerce.
* Deduplication - when files that are identical are stored in the same container, only one instance will be created. This saves bandwidth and storage.
* Aggressive client side caching - the browser is instructed to keep files fresh in its cache, without ever checking if they have been updated. This is possible because Storage API will never reuse a URL.
At the moment, it can only be used by modules that utilise it directly, e.g. Blue Droplet Video.
With Drupal 7 it will be possible for Drupal core to utilise Storage API directly.
The service and access control APIs are documented in the source code directly in Doxygen format.
Storage API depends on MimeDetect.
Each storage service is implemented as a module. The following service modules come with Storage API:
* Filesystem - files are stored in a local directory and served via any HTTP or FTP service running on the server.
* Filesystem / Drupal - files are stored in a local directory and served via Drupal.
* Database - really just a proof of concept. All files are stored in the database and served via Drupal.
* FTP - files are uploaded to a directory via FTP. A URL prefix can be defined for serving.
* Amazon S3 / CloudFront - files are uploaded to an S3 'bucket'. Serving is handled by S3 or CloudFront. Also supports media streaming and time-limited cryptographically-signed URLs.
* Rackspace Cloud Files - served using Limelight Network's CDN.
Containers are where files are stored. They are created by a site administrator.
Each container is an instance of a service. It stores information specific to the service that describes the container. For local storage, it is a directory path. For Amazon S3 it is credentials and a 'bucket' name.
Classes are also created by a site administrator. A class consists of any number of containers. Containers are prioritised within the class. Containers nearest the server are at the bottom. Containers nearest the client are at the top.
Modules that utilise Storage API can allow different classes to be selected for files that have different use-cases. For example, some files may need to be backed up with FTP, whereas other files can regenerated on the fly.
Files are initially stored in the lowest priority container (nearest the server). During cron run, Storage API attempts to propagate the files to every container in the class.
Files are served from the highest priority container in the class that has an instance of the file.
Related: Files, Service, Container, stored, served, drupal, Storage, Directory, instance, utilise, containers, nearest, Class, Local, Server, created, serving, Client
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 41.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
Provides an interface to the Win32 Structured Storage API. Includes an illustrative program that dumps images from PowerPoint files by directly reading the 'Pictures' stream.
Structured Storage is a Microsoft file format that essentially allows a filesystem to be created within a single file, where the terms Storage and Stream correspond to folder and file respectively. Such files are often called Compound Files, although this term...
Blue Droplet Video and Storage API, along with Drupal and its 5000+ contributed modules, is the premier solution for publishing video on the web.
Submitted videos are transcoded to Flash format so they can be viewed directly in the web...
Per-Bundle Storage (PBS) is a Field API contrib module that stores all values for all limited-value fields in a bundle in a single table row. Per-bundle storage is the analog of pre-Field API CCK's per-content-type storage and thus provides the...
The Sampler API allows modules to easily collect and store calculated pieces of data. It's designed primarily to assist in collection, storage, and display of metrics.
Modules provide the API with a metric to track (eg. 'Number of...
A library that will provide a vendor agnostic open source storage application programming interface (API) for storage arrays.
A general purpose Java API and default implementation of functionality for creation of indexes according; addition of XML documents to an already created index; searching within existent index; configuration of analyzers, storage and extractors
Hook API SDK is a Software Development Kit for easy and quickly develop Windows system wide hooking program. It helps you hooking Windows system functions or functions in 3rd applications, this means you can call your own functions instead of some...
HTML Help API unit, translated from HtmlHelp.h.
This is the Python API for my arduino uno board.
this is base on what i posted in Part I ..
I didn't spend time to comments it...
I'll do it once free soon.
Please study it and extend it and share among open source members...
It is easy to call Windows API dlls using the
ctypes module with win32con defining the
constant values for message identifiers and
parameter flags. The demo code shows a simple
but complete application that registers a
|User Review for Storage API