Description: This widget dynamically creates a list of posts from the active category. Displaying the first image and title. It will display the first image in your post as a thumbnail,it looks first for an attached image, then an embedded image then if it finds the image, it grabs the thumbnail version. Oh, and by the way, it's an animated vertical scroller, way cool. If the post has no image the widget uses a default image. This works best with the plugin Widget logic. Just set the widget to is_single() || is_category() and all your single viewed posts will have a scrolling thumbnail list of other posts in this category.
* mootools - Mootools
* slideBox - slideBox
* Widget logic you will want this - Widget logic
If you have any problems or suggestions regarding this plugin please speak up
Other Plugins Download These Plugins here:
* The downloaded folder's name should be superslider-postsincat
* Also available for download from here.
* Probably not compatible with plugins which use jquery. (not tested)
* pull images from posts in this category
* animated scroller
* Control max number of images.
* Images link to post
* control size of scroll area
* Widget title is dynamic, writes category Name
* works also for non attached images in your library
* presents default image if none in post.
* Uses WordPress native media / images
* Control scroll speed
* Control animation type
This plugin can be seen in use here:
* Demo 1
Related: Image, Widget, posts, Images, Control, Plugin, Category, Scroller, Animated, Works, Scroll, Thumbnail, slidebox, Plugins, Logic, default, attached, title, superslider, Scripts
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB