Description: This plugin is an easy way to add table of content to your post/page directly or as a widget. It will parser the content of your post/page for HTML headers and generate a list of links. This plugin will require some CSS understanding to match your site and the know how for adding custom fields in your post/page.
* Easy to style
* Display table of content anywhere in your post/page content
* Can set which html h1 to parse
* Can set your own title
If you have the plugin already activated please skip steps 1,2.
* If you want to display your TOC as a widget then follow step 1 to 10
* Or if you want to display your TOC inside your post/page then follow step 1-2 and 5-11
1. Upload TableOfContent.php to /wp-content/plugins/
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
3. Go to the widgets menu
4. Drag TB_Widget into the widget area you would like your table of content to appear
5. Create or Edit a post/page [post/page editor]
6. Inside Custom fields Under Name insert "Tb_Title" [capital sensitive]
7. and in value insert your table title. For example "Table of Content"
8. Click on Add Custom Fields
9. Similar the last two steps insert "Tb_Headers" for name
10. and in value insert the header numbers with comma separation. this numbers informs the plugin as to which html header <h1> you would like to include in your table of content. For example: if you want your table of content to display links to <h1>, <h2> and <h3> then write "1,2,3"
11. Insert this tag <!--PutTableHere--> inside your post/page content under HTML input [Please be aware that where ever you put this tag will be where the table appears to your readers]
By default the plugin provides no CSS styling and assumes the user will write its own. However, if youd¬DSdure using the default theme 'twentyten' I've provide example code bellow that you can use. For more detail example of the id/class used by this plugin visit my homepage.
Related: add table, Site, postpagefeatures easy, adding custom, Easy, and the, Generate, postpage, postpage directly, widget display table, style widget, Parser, Require, postpage content, title, anywhere in, Set, adding, fields
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 133.1 KB