Description: Add VideoPress videos stored on WordPress.com to your self-hosted WordPress.org site through the use of simple shortcodes. Edit video metadata directly from your blog's administrative interface.
The VideoPress plugin allows blog administrators to upload new videos to their WordPress.com video account and manage existing videos from the convenience of their self-hosted WordPress.org blog's administrative interface. Authors can add any VideoPress video into a blog post through the use of a simple shortcode and customizations.
This plugin allows you to click a button to login to your WordPress.com video blog, retrieve a video's [wpvideo xyz] shortcode, and insert it into your post. You can specify the width and height of the video container with w= h= shortcode attributes. The following are all valid shortcodes:
* [wpvideo xyz] uses your default theme content_width if present, otherwise uses 400px as width.
* [wpvideo xyz w=640] specifies the width of video container to be 640px while preserving the aspect ratio.
* [wpvideo xyz w=640 h=360] specifies both width and height of the video container.
* [wpvideo xyz h=300] specifies the height of the video container to be 300px, while preserving the aspect ratio.
You will need an account on WordPress.com with the VideoPress upgrade in order to use this plugin. If you don't have already have a WordPress.com account signing up is easy and only takes a few minutes. Then go to the "Upgrades" section of wp-admin on your new WordPress.com blog and purchase a VideoPress upgrade.
Installing should be very easy and take fewer than five minutes.
1. Upload video.zip into your blog's plugins directory (typically /wp-content/plugins/)
2. Unzip the video.zip file
3. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
4. Manage and embed videos on the post edit screen by clicking on the new media icon (looks like a camcorder).
Related: Video, wordpresscom, videopress, wpvideo, Videos, Plugin, Container, Width, Blog, shortcode, Account, Height, specifies, videozip, minutes, w3d640, wordpressorg
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB