Description: XIMS is an Open Source Information/Content Management System that primarily provides facilities to create and manage web sites.
With XIMS it is possible to make use of a flexible recursive role and ACL system for securing content. Besides managing web pages, it is specifically designed to flexibly integrate into existing infrastructures and to be easily extensible with individual application modules.
The XIMS User Interface and all XIMS content are XML based. The XIMS User Interface is skinnable using custom XSLT stylesheets, published content can be served in various output formats based on fine-grained transformation settings using Apache AxKit.
Features:- Extensible recursive role and ACL system (You can optionally define your own custom privileges)
- Multiple site hosting and delegation of administrative tasks - Inheritation of domain/site specific parameters like privileges, stylesheets, scripts etc.
- Option to manage content without the need for HTML know-how using a WYSIWYG-editor. (Currently HTMLArea, Xinha, TinyMCE and eWebeditPro are supported)
- Separation of content from presentation logic using XML and XSLT technologies (Both at the content and user interface level)
- Command line tools for scriptable batch actions for administration
- WebDAV interface
- Extensability through easy creation of custom application modules (E.g.: Discussion Boards, Newsletters, Weblogs, ...)
- Skinnable user interface
- Multilanguage user interface (currently available in English and German)
- Easy integration of full-text search engines
Related: Content, Interface, Custom, System, stylesheets, Application, recursive, Based, Manage, Privileges, knowhow, Level, Technologies, option, parameters, Command, Scripts
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris
File Size: 1.5 MB