XML Sitemap Feed 3.8.8http://do
File ID: 92846
XML Sitemap Feed 3.8.8http://do
File Size: 10.0 KB
XML Sitemap Feed 3.8.8http://do Description
Description: This plugin dynamically creates an feed that complies with the XML Sitemap protocol. There are no options to be set and the feed becomes instantly available after activation on yourblogurl.tld/sitemap.xml and on yourblogurl.tld/?feed=sitemap for if you do not use a fancy permalink structure, ready for indexing by search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask.com and others.
Now qTranslate compatible! Tested in Pre-Path and Query Modus. Each language on your site will have its own XML Sitemap.
A reference to it (or them when using qTranslate) is added to the dynamically created robots.txt on yourblogurl.tld/robots.txt to tell search engines where to find your XML Sitemap(s).
NOTES: 1. If you do not use fancy URL's or you have WordPress installed in a subdirectory, a dynamic robots.txt will not be generated. You'll have to create your own and upload it to your site root! See FAQ's. 2. On large sites, it is advised to use a good caching plugin like Quick Cache, WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache to improve your site and sitemap performance.
* The main advantage of this plugin over other XML Sitemap plugins is simplicity. No need to change file or folder permissions, move files or spend time on a difficult plugin options page. In fact, there are no options at all!
* Completely automatic post URL priority and change frequency calculation based on post age and comment/trackback activity.
* Works out-of-the-box, even on multi-site / shared codebase / multi-blog setups like WordPress MU, WP 3.0 in MultiSite (WPMS) mode and others.
* Also works when Network Activated or placed in /mu-plugins/ on WP 3.0 in MS mode and WPMU and even takes care to exclude any tags blogs to avoid malus points for link spamming.
* Now qTranslate compatible to allow all your languages to be indexed equally.
* The feed contains the front page and all posts and pages but excludes category, tag and other dynamic archive pages. This should not be a problem and by most it is advised to exclude them. There even are SEO plugins around that actively block these archive pages from search engines.
* Except by re-saving older posts from time to time (keeping the lastmod date fairly recent to ensure automatic high priority calculation for those urls) there is no way to manually set the priority of individual posts/pages in the sitemap. See the Faq's for more.
* This plugin does not ping any search engines. But then, WordPress does this by default already via the Ping-o-Matic service so why bother? See the Faq's for more.
* Because the feed is dynamically created, on very large sites the creation process might take a while. Search engines are said to have a short fuse about waiting for a sitemap, so you may want to consider using a cache plugin that also (pre)caches feeds. If you are unfamiliar with caching and server setup start with a simple plugin such as Quick Cache. For more options you might find solace in WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache.
There is nothing to translate. The sitemap protocol is international, there is no options page nor any front-end or widget output. Nothing to see here, please move along ;)
XML Sitemap Feed was originally based on the (discontinued?) plugin Standard XML Sitemap Generator by Patrick Chia. Many thanks! Since then, it has been completely rewriten.
Just use that slick installation and auto update feature on your Pugins page
d-deTZ OR d-deTZ
follow these simple steps:
1. Download archive.
2. Upload the zip file via the Plugins > Add New > Upload page d-deTZ OR d-deTZ unpack and upload with your favourite FTP client to the /plugins/ folder.
3. Activate the plugin on the Plug-ins page.
4. If you have been using another XML Sitemap plugin before, check your site root and remove any created sitemap.xml file that remained there.
Done! Check your sparkling new XML Sitemap by visiting yourblogurl.tld/sitemap.xml (adapted to your domain name ofcourse) with a browser or any online XML Sitemap validator. You might also want to check if the sitemap is listed in your yourblogurl.tld/robots.txt file.
WordPress 3+ in Multi Site mode
Same as above but do a Network Activate to make a XML sitemap available for each site on your network.
The plugin works best from the /mu-plugins/ folder where it runs quietly in the background without bothering any blog owner with new options or the need for special knowledge of XML Sitemap submission. Just upload the complete package content to /mu-plugins/ and move the file xml-sitemap.php from the new /mu-plugins/xml-sitemap-feed/ to /mu-plugins/.
Installed alongside WordPress MU Sitewide Tags Pages, XML Sitemap Feed will not create a sitemap.xml nor change robots.txt for any tag blogs. This is done deliberately because they would be full of links outside the tags blogs own domain and subsequently ignored (or worse: penalised) by Google.
Related: Plugin, Sitemap, Options, Engines, Cache, Wordpress, Search, Upload, created, robotstxt, Folder, Pages, Archive, Blogs, muplugins, Change, qtranslate
O/S:BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
File Size: 10.0 KB
|More Similar Code|
Placeholder project for the contrib module to integrate the XML sitemap and Domain Access modules together.
This will only work with the XML sitemap 2.0 module.
Thank you to this module's sponsors:
Marquee xml rss feed scroll is a simple wordpress plugin to create the marquee scroll in the website with rss feed. In the admin we have option to enter five rss feed. We can add this plugin directly in the theme files. Also we have widget and...
This simple plugin adds an HTML (Not XML) sitemap of your blog pages (not posts) by entering the shortcode [html-sitemap] in the page content. This simple plugin is configured from the shortcode. Settings include the sort_column, sort_order,...
This plugin adds a XML sitemap and news sitemap to your blog. It's used to show all your pages and posts to the search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN.
# Installation :
1. Download the archive
Learn how to create an XML/RSS feed dynamically through PHP.
XMUltra is a Java and XML based feed-processing framework. It features utilities for many common tasks, such as:
*Cleaning out archives
Sitemap Navigation plugin can create a sitemap for your WordPress powered site. This is not another xml sitemap plugin, but rather a nice post sitemap or page sitemap navigation.
Some of its features include: support for multi-level...
WP Archive-Sitemap Generator plugin generates simple Archives/Sitemap based on your blogs posts and pages. This is not another XML sitemap plugin, but rather a nice post sitemap or page sitemap generator. Now user can show total comments count...
Sitemap Writer Pro is an easy- to -use program, fast and efficient, which offers 6 different types of sitemaps (Standard Sitemap, Google News, Google Video, Google Code Search, Google Geo, Google Mobile) to properly index every website, generate...
This script allows you to manage news at your site. Easy to archive and index news and includes automatic XML (RSS) feed to publish to news aggregators. Customizable and easy to password protect.
|User Review for XML Sitemap Feed